Unsupported HDMI

New Poster

Unsupported HDMI

by esugrue New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (792 Views)

Hi!

I am in Australia and I know Vodafone TV here is a poor cousin to the NZ version. However, I have just purchased one to basically replace my Xiaomi Mi Box.

When I plug in the HDMI cable my TV shows HDMI UNSUPPORTED and then the screen goes blank.

The first time I plugged it in I got a Vodafone splash screen for a few seconds before the TV showed the error.

It is an old Palsonic TV (2007) and is only 720p, however the Mi Box did/does work OK.

I don't want to mess with the TV settings too much (as the MiBox works I hope the settings are OK), and maybe VTV just isn't going to work.

I tried both the invluded HDMI cable as well as the HDMI cable I was using with the Mi Box.

Os there a hope of it working, and if so any ideas (tried 2 cables); and if not, then at least I know!

Thanks

Ernie

Staff

Re: Unsupported HDMI

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 4 (756 Views)

Hi  @esugrue

We are not familar with the Vodafone Australia TV set top box and it would be best to contact them directly.

It could be several things such as a response that the set top box isn't expecting, lack of support of HDCP or any else.  We would only be guessing.

Sorry, not much help. Best contact Vodafone AU for assistance.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

by hadleigh Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (654 Views)
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster Laurence1979 Frequent Poster
Message 4 of 4 (641 Views)
All you need is an hdmi switch or splitter they sell for about $15-20. I had the exact same issue when I first bought Vodafone tv, no HDCP support for the tv.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 30w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors