Unable to record frustration

Starter Poster

Unable to record frustration

[ Edited ]
by JasonChurch Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (662 Views)

This is quickly becoming a deal breaker for us. We have had Vodafone Sky for about 2 weeks now. We are generally happy with it, but we have a few frustrations. No.1 is that a number of shows that we have wanted to record can NOT be recorded. We were not informed about this problem when signing up.

We wanted to record 7 Days tonight, but have been informed we can not, and this has happened with several shows we have wanted to record. This has to be sorted if you want customers to be satisfied with your service.

Also, is there some way for the shows/series we are recording to show that they have been watched? We get some confusion on some shows we are behind on, because the ones we have watched do not say so, so it can take us some time to find where we are up to.

Another frustration is the lack of video showing while fast forwarding. We use the 20 second fast forward, but this is a bit of a tedious work around. I believe you are working on this. How far away might this feature be?

Frequent Poster

Re: Unable to record frustration

by Frequent Poster dbatten Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 5 (584 Views)

Rfference your 2nd last paragraph comment - in the absence of official Vodafone response:

Is there some way for the shows/series we are recording to show that they have been watched?

On the home screen select the 'My TV' list and scroll down tpo the 'My Recordings' list and select the program you wish to watch-  'OK". DO NOT access via the 'Watch Next' list as it lacks functionality.

Once the last episode (the one you can see) is highlighted you can use the 'left - right' buttons to navigate to the episode you wish to see. Episodes you have watched will have a red progress bar along the bottom.

You can watch/delete series/delete recording / protect recording for each episode as you wish by selecting the appropriate  command box. Note that the deleted eposode will keep playing in the background even after you have deleted it and you have exited the menu / highlighted another app on the menu.

Hope this helps

Starter Poster

by JasonChurch Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (574 Views)

Thanks for that info. Vodafone seriously need to improve making all shows readily availlable for recording. This will be the biggest gripe for many in my opinion. Other than this, I am generally happy with it. It is nowhere near as polished as SKY with plenty of improvements required to make it a serious alternative. I will stay with it for now, as the cheaper price JUST makes it worth the inconveniences.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 4 of 5 (527 Views)

Thanks for the feedback.  We continue to work with the Free to air providers to obtain cloud recording rights for their programmes and this feedback will be useful in helping secure more rights (eg for 7Days)..

Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 5 of 5 (525 Views)

I see my staff tag has disappeared: I work at Vodafone on the VTV product. 

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 42w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors