Unable to record any of my regular programs with new Vodafone TV

Starter Poster

Unable to record any of my regular programs with new Vodafone TV

by Catnik Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (250 Views)

We recently switched over to the new Vodafone TV service and box, but I now can't record any of the shows that I want to watch, that I used to have no problems recording with our old box. None of the prime time free to air shows like Masterchef, Bachelor, The Block, News, The Project, nothing is recordable, so what is the point?? 

If I'd known this would happen I never would've switched, I could record everything I wanted to with the old box. 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Retired Staff

Re: Unable to record any of my regular programs with new Vodafone TV

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 7 (246 Views)
@grantt I am sure he could add some value
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 3 of 7 (222 Views)

@HamishSansom 

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

by mandjives Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (163 Views)

same with us and often the programmes you can record just drop off before you can watch them.

The old T Box was a "personal recorder " and you could record everything that was playing or to be played on the TV.

This problem plus the inability to see what you are scrolling through are really major major problems with Vodafone TV.

and no one seems interested in resolving them.

Unless these improve before my current contract runs out I will be seriously considering returning to SKY for my TV even though the cost will be a little more but at least you will be able to record all the programmes you want to on the SKY box and watch them before they drop off.  You will at least have more control over your recorded entertainment which it seems you have little of with Vodafone TV. 

Starter Poster

by Catnik Starter Poster
Message 5 of 7 (150 Views)

Totally agree, and not even being able to see the picture as you're fast forwarding ads or parts of the show you want to skip, so you have to guess where to stop, it feels like the technology should be so much better than that. 

I think I will call and see if we can just revert to our old Sky TV service, even though the box is big and chunky, it was so much better and that nice looking Vodafone TV box definitely does not make it worth it. I'm missing a lot of my favourite shows!!!

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 6 of 7 (108 Views)

We were promised by Vodafone, in the midst of our dozens of other complaints about this not fit for purpose new box, that you could not fast forward.  Vodafone promised, in writing, that we all would be able to have the visual fast forward by June this year.....it is now past June - I guess the simple fact is, they lied.

We are also very disappointed that we were promised this new box was so much better than the old T-Boxes, it was so superior in every aspect  - it is not - they lied.....repeatedly....and one of the biggest lies/issues was not being able to record 80% of the shows we watched.....we now have to miss them or get up at 2am or whenever to watch them "live".  

The product is pathetic, so is Vodafones customer service, so guess they are well suited to each other.

We've actually been approached by Fair Go to provide them details for another Vodafone story they are working on (as a follow up to the recent one).

And ALL we asked for or ever wanted was a box that worked like a T-Box.....nothing more, nothing less.....and have been staggered to see that in almost every aspect, the T-Box is better, by a country mile!

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Catnik Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (106 Views)

100% agree. I've pretty well given up recording anything, and even trying to watch something on catch up is difficult, the navigation is clunky and not intuitive. The whole thing is frustrating. 

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors