Telstra T Box

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Telstra T Box

by LeonieWilson Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Finally, my old Telstraclear T Box has died. The technician (Noel Leeming) who came with my new TV said he couldn't even touch the AC Adapter as it was too hot. I don't really want to get a new Vodafone box as i'm not impressed with the reviews - I want to be able to record anything and everything, like my TBox does.

I would rather stay with Vodafone, but if I can't record everything then i would have to switch to Sky.

But then I'd have to sign up with a contract (24 months) and as I'm looking at retiring this year or next, I don't want to have to payj an exit fee. Good grief!

Can  anything be done to "fix" the T Box? Is it the actual box that's making the adapter hot, or is it the adapter itself?

Any suggestions / advice greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Telstra T Box

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 2 of 2 (180 Views)

Hi @LeonieWilson 

Sorry, but the Tbox product is no longer suppported and broken units cannot be replaced. If you want a solution that can record 100% of all Freeview content then MySky or the Freeview PVR box is probably your best bet :https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/televisions/accessories/freeview/dishtv-dual-tuner-freeview-recor...

In saying that, the reviews for the new VTV product you've read probably relate to the product launched 2 years ago.  The product has come a long way and you should check it out. It comes packed full of so much TV and Movie content that not being able to record 100% of Freeview shouldn't be an issue. 

If you direct message me we can sort out the best solution for you.  You won't have to pay exit fees given you're a loyal Tbox customer,

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 37w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors