Highlighted
Staff

Re: Subtitles on Vodafone TV

[ Edited ]
by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 9 (1,261 Views)

Hi @BethLawrence 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have subtitles waiting 'in the wings' but it is dependant on a sufficient working software release for Gen 1 STBs.

Subtitles do not work correctly in the current Gen 1 software release.  We are aiming for an end of January timeframe for release.

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by betnevnz Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (1,194 Views)

Wow, it would be amazing if the subtitles do appear. We have ben promiosed them for some time now so I really do hope that the end of January 2020 trime frame isn't long to wait now. I hope it's true.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by BethLawrence Starter Poster
Message 4 of 9 (1,183 Views)

I would not have changed to Vodafone TV if I had been told there are no subtitles

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JimCassels Starter Poster
Message 5 of 9 (1,068 Views)

Still waiting for a substantive response about subtitles being available. It's been 'coming' for at least two YEARS. The last I heard they were expected to be available at the end of January 2020, it's now mid February, a Vodafone update has just been announced and guess what, NO mention of subtitles. Come on Vodafone, get this sorted, so many of us NEED subtitles. They are essential, not a bonus. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 6 of 9 (1,032 Views)

Hi @JimCassels 

Once we have all the Gen1 boxes updated to the latest firmware we can switch on the subtitle feature.   If we switch it on too early it will break the units that haven't upgraded.

We expect to be switching on subtitles in March.  Apologies for the time it's taken.

Hamish

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Faysie Starter Poster
Message 7 of 9 (624 Views)

Morning, I purchased the Vodafone TV box last night and have since been told that it may not have subtitles. Can you confirm if they have now been upgraded? We are a deaf household and there is no point having the box if we cannot access subtitles. We have an account for Netflix which obviously has subtitles would this be the same for the vodafone tv?

Regards

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 8 of 9 (621 Views)

Hi @Faysie 

We have indeed enabled subtitles and these are active on Free to air and Sky channels that carry them.

Cheers

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Faysie Starter Poster
Message 9 of 9 (579 Views)

Fantastic!!! I'm sure the Deaf community will be thrilled to get this news. Can't wait then to set it up!

Cheers

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 40w ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors