Sky pricing starter and entertainment

Starter Poster

Re: Sky pricing starter and entertainment

by Jill1 Starter Poster
Message 11 of 17 (1,295 Views)

Thanks for the help Mike, but looks like An Australian company is coming to rescue us from Vodafones inactivity on passing on the Sky savings.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12009751

At last some real competition ,,, yay!!!

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster tcabw Frequent Poster
Message 12 of 17 (1,426 Views)

Just received my latest Vodafone Broadband account and the SKY content has just increased by $30!!

Sport was being given as a freebie, but just as Sky has reduced it's prices, Vodafone puts them up.

Well done Vodafone, good way to keep Sky customers  Sometimes I wonder what planet you guys live on.

TC.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by MikeHales Retired Staff
Message 13 of 17 (1,419 Views)

@tcabw

Did you have an offer in place that ended? Prices haven't gone up.

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster tcabw Frequent Poster
Message 14 of 17 (1,389 Views)

If it was an offer that ended, the timing is pretty suspect.

I haven't looked back to see how long the "Limited offer" has been in place, but we've been on the same Vodafone/Sky plan with no changes to subscribed channels for nearly 4 years.  Maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Tony C.

Starter Poster

by Barbra Starter Poster
Message 15 of 17 (1,264 Views)

I have the basic Sky package via Vodafone and last week I could watch Soho free, I wasn’t subscribed it just came on.

I assumed this was because Sky had added this to the basic package and all customers would get it.

Today I can’t get it and speaking to Vodafone it seems that they are unsure what’s happening with that or why I was able to access it!  If Sky are adding this to the basic package and I’m a Sky customer, as in I have an account number with them, then surely I should get it too? Anyone know what’s going on with this? 

Posted from Apple iPad
New Poster

by fletchgoldy New Poster
Message 16 of 17 (1,240 Views)
Sky's announcement last week said existing customers couldnt change to the new packages (or at least would be forced to take both which is the same as keeping Sky Basic) but would get SoHo for free if they stayed.

I think Vodafone just pass on whatever Sky does, its hardly a separate product. So perhaps if we call we can get something for free

Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Barbra Starter Poster
Message 17 of 17 (1,216 Views)

Yes tHta what I think too but when I spoke to Vodafone they seemed unsure and vague about it. I’m awaiting a call from promotions so I will post the outcome on here. I can’t see how Vodafone could continue charging for something that Sky is giving for free. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors