Sky Go with Vodafone TV and other Issues

Starter Poster

Sky Go with Vodafone TV and other Issues

by hadleigh Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (932 Views)

Hi Vodafone/Community,

We made the move to Vodafone TV from the old Vodafone TV service.

Can Vodafone help with answers on the following issues I'm experiencing and provide dates on when some of the issues i'm experiencing will be addressed.

1: When moving to Votafone TV i've now lost access to Sky Go. This was not explained to me during the sign up process. Why?

2: The Vodafone TV app is not availalbe in a browser. Will it be soon?

3: There is no way to cast the Vodafone TV service to a Chromecast device. Will it support this?

4: The fast forward does not show the picture as it fast forwards

5: I can't record alot of channels that I use to be able to

6: Recording of shows often ends abruptly before it's finished

7: The device is slow to respond to the remote control and general user experience is clunky

Cheers,

Hadleigh

Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Sky Go with Vodafone TV and other Issues

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 2 (606 Views)

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry for the delays getting back to you regarding your queries. 

1: When moving to Vodafone TV i've now lost access to Sky Go. This was not explained to me during the sign up process. Why?

With the Vodafone TV, although SKY GO is not available, the future Vodafone TV does have it's own dedicated app. For information, please see: http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/28891/~/about-the-vodafone-tv-app-%7C-vodafone-tv

2: The Vodafone TV app is not availalbe in a browser. Will it be soon?

No - no word on the app being available in a browser, and haven't heard any plans regarding this. 

3: There is no way to cast the Vodafone TV service to a Chromecast device. Will it support this?

No plans at this stage. 

4: The fast forward does not show the picture as it fast forwards

We are currently working on this. We don't have a timeframe on when this will be released in a firmware update, however, is something that will definitely be added. 

5: I can't record alot of channels that I use to be able to

Recording capability on channels TVNZ1, TVNZ2, Three Now and Prime is presently limited. However Vodafone TV does allow you easy access straight from your homepage to TVNZ On Demand channels (for channels TVNZ1 and TVNZ2) and Three Now apps, so you can access a wide range of your favourite programs at a time that suits you. For a full list of channel features please visit - https://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/broadband-and-tv/vodafonetv/#channels

6: Recording of shows often ends abruptly before it's finished

We will need more information on this. How are you watching these 'recordings'? Is this via catch up or watching a recorded programme? 

Thanks,

Michael

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 39w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors