Show cuts out towards end

Starter Poster

Show cuts out towards end

by wre1991 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (217 Views)

When watching a show that has already played, it cuts out towards the end everytime 10 - 5 mins before it should finish, why does this happen, does anyone else have this issue and will this be fixed in the next update?

Staff

Re: Show cuts out towards end

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 5 (214 Views)
Hi @wre1991

Is this a recording, or restart on a Live TV programme?
I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 5 (135 Views)

@granttis this something you are aware of? Is this going to be fixed? pretty sure my dad is going to have an aneurysm over this one day Smiley Very Happy

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 5 (196 Views)
Restart, havent used recording yet as the whole platform is kind of confusing (and I'm into tech) I don't know how my parents are meant to make sense of it, they are the ones who manly use the TV.
Posted from Microsoft Lumia 550
Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 5 of 5 (189 Views)

If you are watching a show from the "TV menu", then yes, it will cut out five or ten minutes in almost every instance, which is really annoying - nice to watch a show and miss the ending, sorta like the last page missing from your book!

If the show is followed by a show that is recordable or viewable after showing, then you can then go to that show and watch the end before the beginning of that show.

If the show is followed by a show that is not recordable or viewable after showing, then no, you will never see the end of the show that is cut off.

If you watch a show from a recording you have made, then you will find it shouldn't cut off.  That is the only time you can watch a whole show in its entirety.

That is what I have observed and heard my wife swearing numerous times at me from the other room over that issue.

Also, a tip, when watching any recorded show, watch it from Recorded, not Watchlist - the two menus seem the same (not sure what the real difference is) but you cannot delete the show from the watchlist, you then have to go to the recorded area to delete.

I also suggest you watch the oldest recorded shows first as they delete quickly at times without warning they are going to, and whilst you can "protect" a show, you have to do it episode by episode within that recorded show menu....that said....you seem to be only able to record a handful before it says it cannot protect any more.

Also, one thing we have noticed too, is when you watch a series you record, for example, Wentworth, the shows in the menu will show Magnum PI from channel 28, so go to the corresponding channel, find that show, ie Magnum PI and you will find Wentworth.  We've seen that several times, I am not sure what that is about but when it occurs, we have seen that usually the missing show is on the other shows menu instead.

Hopefully that makes sense.  

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 17w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors