Second TV box - (not configured before delivery)

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Second TV box - (not configured before delivery)

by AndrewMurphy Starter Poster
Message 1 of 10 (688 Views)

Currently 56mins in to my call with tech support - absolutely hopeless..  twenty mins to explain the problem, another twenty mins for the guy to come back to me and say "yes, the box isn't working".... i had to then prompt him with the words "so how do we get it working?"... now i'm being transferred to someone else...

This is a problem that, i'm assuming, is not a one off? Why is there not a process for them to follow?

I'm being transferred to a sales team to make sure the service that i have will cover both boxes? i'm not sure how this will be helpful as it's not solving the original issue, the guy even said that he could fix the problem but the service wasn't setup for the box?

the sales person has no idea why i've been transferred to them.. so now i need to explain it all again... i think i'm gonna go have a lie down after this...

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Second TV box - (not configured before delivery)

Message 2 of 10 (684 Views)

FFS... hour and twenty mins and now i'm told that i can't use the second box unless i pay an extra $20 a month?! I have the basic sky starter pack, i asked to cancel it so that there isn't an extra $20 charge.. i was then told that i then wouldn't be able to have multiroom, so the second box is useless... wtf? i've hung up... can someone please help and explain all of this?

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 3 of 10 (674 Views)

Hi @AndrewMurphy 

Are you trying to have two STBs on Standalone (vtv.nz) or one on account and one on Standalone?

A colleague is aware of your SA005 issue and was calling you today to arrange a replacement for the faulty STB. Have you had a call?  If not, please let me know and I will chase this up.

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 10 (672 Views)

@grantt wrote:

Hi @AndrewMurphy 

Are you trying to have two STBs on Standalone (vtv.nz) or one on account and one on Standalone?

A colleague is aware of your SA005 issue and was calling you today to arrange a replacement for the faulty STB. Have you had a call?  If not, please let me know and I will chase this up.

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Grant

I have two tv boxes, one is currently working (has the basic sky starter package) and i would like the other one to work also..I can't understand why another box needs to be sent out (no one has explained this), i didn't realise i was being sent another box though?

I haven't had any phonecalls yet.. I just want to be able to watch tv and netflix in my bedroom tbh.. i'll get rid of the sky starter pack if it's going to cost me another $20 just to be able to watch one or two of the channels we watch (plus, is there anyway to add/take away from those channels - most we don't watch)

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 5 of 10 (664 Views)

Hi @AndrewMurphy 

Apologies, I got this post mixed up with another post (re: Call / SA005 issue)

So this is an on account STB?

If so, yes, you need to pay Sky Multiroom if you have more than 1 set top box.

If you can please Private Message me with your account details I can take a closer look.

Thanks

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 10 (662 Views)

@grantt wrote:

Hi @AndrewMurphy 

Apologies, I got this post mixed up with another post (re: Call / SA005 issue)

So this is an on account STB?

If so, yes, you need to pay Sky Multiroom if you have more than 1 set top box.

If you can please Private Message me with your account details I can take a closer look.

Thanks

Grant

What does "on account STB mean"??

I have two vodafone tv boxes and i want the both to work, the vodafone website says if i want sky multiroom, i pay more.. i don't want sky multiroom then.. just the normal bog standard setup in TWO rooms.. 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 10 (660 Views)

i was, stupidly, hoping this would be simple : hard reset of box and then add the new box 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 10 (636 Views)

feel free to reply to my PM when you're ready Grant (or if you're following up on stuff, just let me know..this is beginning to feel like a phonecall to the tech guys but in email format... and apologies if i sound grumpy its just that i've wasted hours and hours on this already)

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 9 of 10 (619 Views)

Two hours since i messaged you Grant and i still haven't received any response at all.. 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 10 of 10 (611 Views)

Resolved! second unit is useless, i need to buy a unit outright.. 

Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors