Recording problems...

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Recording problems...

by MattClaridge Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (692 Views)

Hi,

Hoping anyone can help. I have been using this service since Dec '18 and has mostly been good. However, I have noticed some weird things occurring with recording of programmes and I do not know why. Its causing some frustration.

- Series linked recording ends up randomly missing certain episodes and skipping a bunch out. (missus goes to watch MAFs from last night, yet its not there. Previous nights have recorded fine....)

- Random series coming up with (encore) even though its not an encore and on its normal timeslot.

- Error message when trying to series link Rugby League shows on Sky Sport 2. Even though, it says it can be recorded etc...

Help!

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Recording problems...

by hestia Starter Poster
Message 2 of 5 (670 Views)
Join the club, mate. These sort of questions have been asked ad nauseum here since Nov 17 and VF have done squat about it.

Just this evening I tried to watch The Breakdown... It was not in my recordings despite supposedly being currently series linked. Then tried to play it on catch-up... Episode 6 was visible in the list but no option to watch on catch-up despite originally airing only last night.

Again, VF have been told over and over and over about this kind of problem and it has barely improved since launch 18 months ago. They mostly just leave one poor bugger to answer angry customers requests here and usually he ignores or it takes weeks to respond in full.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster chch_mike Frequent Poster
Message 3 of 5 (668 Views)

Hey there, I have also experienced similar problems, especially recording sport programs, with enormous frustration. I have posted here several times recently about this issue and have since had contact from Hamish Sansom and spoken to one of the Vodafone engineers, explaining the problem to him over the phone. He has said he will look in to it and get back to me but whether he does or not, and whether anything is done to fix it we'll have to wait and see. This whole issue is starting to do my head in and for me if it is not fixed soon I will have to go back to Sky, as I cannot continue to put up with missing important sporting events that I want to watch.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by MattClaridge Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (654 Views)

Well glad to know I am not the only one. I don't want to go back to Sky just yet as sorting all of this with all of the WIFI extenders etc was a mission... but its getting really annoying. I didn't realise how frustrating it would be but I just don't understand why it happens. 

Highlighted
New Poster

by NadineVR New Poster
Message 5 of 5 (582 Views)

Yep, same problem here. Trying to watch High maintenance on SOHO and only able to access a few episodes, same with Luther on UKTV. Very frustrating and hard to understand why this is happening. Never had issues with Sky but decided to switch to Vodafone as cheaper. Now regretting it as the Vodafone menu very clumsy and missing content!! 

Can someone please fix this!

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors