Record Series

Starter Poster

Record Series

by TimH Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,321 Views)

I've set a series to record - but can only access the most recent episode to watch - what's happened to the previous episodes? Have they been recorded over by the more recent show?

Staff

Re: Record Series

by Staff olof Staff
Message 2 of 7 (1,257 Views)

@TimH,

This should definitely be working. Can you please let us know:

- Are you using the new Vodafone TV service (small set-top box) or the older legacy Vodafone TV (big set-top box)?

- Which programme and on which channel are you trying to record? What date/time?

Please let us know and we will look into it.

Starter Poster

by TimH Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (1,240 Views)

Thanks - but I finally worked it out. Need to select the most recent programme and then tab left to find the previous episodes. Totally non-intuitive, non-sensical navigation!

And while I'm at it - please tell me that someone is working to fix the awful fast forward / rewind functionality!? It's hopeless not having any indication as to how far you've gone...

Plus the TV Guide display on the TV screen could do with some work - very hard to tell what's actually playing due to their being no anchor to the left hand margin. This works fine on my phone using the mobile app - why don't you just replicate that?

Regards, Tim.

Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 4 of 7 (1,235 Views)

@TimH,

Excellent. The UI is of course a bit different to MY SKY etc. Stick with it and I think you will get used it!

When it comes to fast forward and fast rewind with visual feedback:

We call this the scrubber, and this is currently in development. I cannot provide dates, but rest assured it is a high prioirty for us.

On the EPG:

Not sure what you mean with the feedback on the EPG. Would be great if you could PM me with some descriptions of your suggestions. Always happy to discuss improvements.

Thanks.

Starter Poster

by TimH Starter Poster
Message 5 of 7 (1,230 Views)

What's EPG !?

Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 6 of 7 (1,227 Views)

Apologies! EPG = elecronic programming guide, or the TV guide!

(I think I have been working in TV for too long. Starting to use too many acronyms. :-))

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by GaryKerkin Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (762 Views)

I find searching through the programme listing on TV can be a nightmare. On screen the programmes are clear and the pop up description quite adequate. However, if I have been scrolling through the listing knowing where I am precisely in the time line is difficult. The App on my iPad is quite clear. It indicates where I am in the scrolling at all times.

Would you please consider reprogramming the listing algorithm in the Vodafone TV box to display the same time-position information in the iOS App (and I assume, Android).

No. On reflection, please don’t consider it. Please program it!!

Cheers,

Gary

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 49w ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors