Radio New Zealand channel 421 deleted

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Radio New Zealand channel 421 deleted

by Frequent Poster SueChristinaMiddleton Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 7 (195 Views)

I have been listening to Radio NZ on our TBox (Vodafone Sky channel 421) for many years. Some RNZ programmes, including Checkpoint, include videos, so an old 'steam radio' or even the RNZ phone app don't deliver this service. I have just installed my new Vodafone TV box with the Sky Premium package. All of the channels we had before are there except for RNZ. Why is this and when will it be fixed? I understand Sky deliver it on another channel ( is it Face TV?). There is no RNZ app for my Samsung Smart TV and I understand it's missing from IHeart Radio as well. Having it via the Box is by far the best way to listen to and watch the videos on RNZ

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Re: Radio New Zealand channel 421 deleted

by Frequent Poster dbatten Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 7 (193 Views)

Greetings and welcome to the dark side - The TBox was a dog but it a least was a working dog!

Thanks for your support on this - Vodafone with it's commercial imperitive seems to not want to recognise the need for inclusion of the govt. funded radio channel of record - (like parliament TV) or even that is is a TV/video clip channel and not just radio hence they have consigned it to the derisory Iheart radio app.

It would be good to see @grantt make some representations and get this situation changed

regards db

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Message 3 of 7 (172 Views)

Well well we'll - do you remember me from the 'TBox Wars' several years ago? We couldn't record Rialto and playback of recorded programmes kept jumping to the end. A protest to the top echelons got us a software upgrade and things worked well from then. I came to like my clunky but reliable TBox. Actually I like the new box so far, but not the way the upgrade was organised. I've written about this in another forum and wonder if the same thing happened to you - cessation of TV services without notification, no access to Sky for over a week, endless calls to techs in India.... that's another issue and I'll try to send you the link. Meanwhile, I feel strongly about lack of access to public service channels - parliament and the video service for RNZ. I Heart radio doesn't cut it. Is the app on our boxes? I've never used it. Or do I have to find in via Samsung Smart hub?

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 7 (186 Views)

Hi @SueChristinaMiddleton 

Radio NZ National and Concert are both available on the iHeart radio APP.

Search for 'Radio New Zealand' to find both.  Then, select each channel individually so it plays, arrow down, then selec the love heart symbol to favourite the channels. They will then show under favourites for easy selection.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Message 5 of 7 (173 Views)

This does not get me the videos for RNZ - they have mixed media broadcasts. We are also deprived of Parliament TV. We are going through a national emergency and Vodafone has blocked the public service channels. This must be remedied. I would never have stayed with Vodafone if I'd known these channels would be removed. They were available on the TBox.

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
New Poster

by joym New Poster
Message 6 of 7 (107 Views)

I found the national radio station.  you really buried it didnt you!  But I am someone else really disappointed that i cannot get the live video feed of checkpoint. This is a big loss for the previous service i had. 

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Message 7 of 7 (99 Views)

Very annoying not to get Checkpoint and news video feeds. The only ways I can get these is via the Facebook Watch feed on the smart TV or via the Apple TV box. Facebook Watch app comes up on my VTV box, but I can't work out how to get it to load. Do have to log into my FB account somehow on the VTV? Couldn't see how or where to do it, so resorted to the Apple box. Why can't we have channel 421 (RNZ) back? 

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors