Problems recording the snooker

Starter Poster

Problems recording the snooker

by chch_mike Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (148 Views)

I have pretty well had it with Vodafone TV. Being a major snooker fan, I recorded all of the latest tournament, The Players Championship, with series link, doubling and triple checking to ensure all rounds were recorded as I know from experience how unreliable recording on Vodafone TV is. So I finished watching the semis, went to watch the final (aired yesterday) only to find it has not been recorded and does not seem to be recordable - I went back in the guide to yesterdays programming, clicked on it and there is no option to either rewatch or record this. Every other program has the backward arrow but the snooker final. I have tried everything a number of times with no success, including turning the box off and rebooting. I have even tried to push it to TV from my tablet, no luck.

This was only on yesterday morning - why can not I at least watch it on demand? This is outrageous and I am really fed up. This sort of thing has happened before and I am getting very close to cancelling this whole shambles that is Vodafone TV.

Please can someone from Vodafone look into this ASAP and provide an explanation and a fix.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Problems recording the snooker final

Message 2 of 4 (116 Views)

Please can someone from Vodafone explain why I have been unable to record the final of the snooker Players Championship from two days ago (Monday 11th March), and why I am unable to watch it on catch-up? All the rest of the tournament recorded fine. 

Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 3 of 4 (35 Views)

Hi @chch_mike, thank you for taking the time to report on this.  We've investigated and this has revealed an issue that is probably what affected you.  The snooker final did have recording rights enabled.  However, while the series link was set up on one channel, the final was actually available on two different channels.  This scenario can create issues with the series recording which we are working to resolve going forward.

The supplier of the Snooker content did not allow 3 day catch up on this programme, something we must respect.

Regards

Hamish

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 4 (20 Views)

Thanks Hamish for your response. The problem you describe has been happening ever since I got Vodafone TV 6 months ago. I try to get around this issue when I have a program series linked, I routinely go through and manually check that each episode is set to record, often there are some episodes that are not so I set them to record manually.

But the same problem happened again this morning with the snooker Tour Championship  – my box recorded the afternoon session but not the evening session, and with no capacity to watch this on catch up I have missed a session of snooker that I will never be able to see.

This simply is not good enough and as many others have frequently pointed out here, your product clearly does not deliver what it was touted to. You say you are working at resolving this problem – can you please give a time frame for when this will be fixed?

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors