Poor Customer Service

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Poor Customer Service

by mandjives Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (935 Views)

My current contract has run out and on 3 March I ran Customer Services to arrange for a new contract at which time I was told that my existing old T Box would need replacing and my landline phone should now be connected via the internet.

As a 79 year old I asked if a tech services person could be sent to set this up.  I was assured that this was "not a problem" and a new contract was agreed and I was told that there may be a slight delay but a serviceman would ring "shortly" to set up a suitable time.  

To date I have received no contact from Vodafone or any service contractor. I have no details of my "new" contract nor any indication when or even if I am going to receive any support.  I have rung customer Services 4 times since, been handed from pillar to post until someone could help ( so I thought) and each time was assured that the matter would be attended to "straight away"  but still nothing has happened.

I have been a Vodafone Customer ( Broadband, Phone, TV as well as pre pay mobile ) for a number of years and I expect a lot better service than this.  As my "new contract " has not been activated,once the technical situation has been resolved I will be wishing to negotiate a better deal than that I have already been offered.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Poor Customer Service

by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 2 of 3 (872 Views)

Hi There,

Do send me a private message and I will have a look into this for you.  I do apologise for these delays that you have been experiencing.

Thanks

Theresa

New Poster

Re: Poor Customer Service

by TonyMason New Poster
Message 3 of 3 (785 Views)

Hi,

I have a hearing problem and as such prefer to communicate by email. Here is a record of my messages over the past few weeks in an attempt to resolve a query over the renewal of my Neon subscription. I thought I had been successful in making contact with a real person when Ryan replied but he seems to have disappeared. Please read through the messages below: 

1. My original message to the Vodafone Customer Services Team

Tony Mason <tony.mason.24@gmail.com>

5 May 2019, 13:52

to Vodafone

Hi Team,

When I agreed to upgrade to fibre broadband on 22/02/2018, I signed up for 12 months on the Ultimate Home Plan (initially 100 but upgraded to 200 in Oct-18) Neon TV was included in the deal. That 12 month agreement lapsed in March but seems to have rolled over month by month without any problems. However, the Neon TV agreement was cancelled on 2 May and I would be most interested to learn whether you intend offer Neon for a further 12 months.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. 

Kind regards,

Tony Mason

Anthony J Mason - Customer No, 10615426

Response By Email (Ryan) (20/05/2019 12:26 PM)

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your email and we're sorry for the late response.

We appreciate your interest in getting another free Neon subscription with Vodafone but unfortunately we no longer offer Free Neon. If same offer will be available in the future rest assured that we'll let you know the soonest possible time. If you wish to continue with your Neon subscription you may need to contact Neon directly for further assistance.

Thanks for your patience and for contacting us by email.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Vodafone Customer Care

1. My reply to Ryan of Vodafone Customer Care

Mon, 20 May, 17:09 (9 days ago)

to Vodafone

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your email copied below, also copied for your reference, is my original query.

You have confirmed that Vodafone no longer offers Free Neon but that is my very point, it wasn't a free offer.  I switched from your agent's original Smart Connect offer at $88.99/month to an Ultimate Home agreement at $104.99 because it included the Neon subscription. It would seem to me that I am now paying $15 a month extra for a service which is no longer available.  With the upgrade to Ultimate Fibre Max and Voice in October 2018, I am currently paying monthly fee $137.00 (includes a $10 mobile phone discount).

I am seriously looking to reduce my expenditure here - please advise how I can achieve this and indeed why I should continue with Vodafone.

Many thanks,

Tony Mason

Ryan fails to respond personally – Vodafone standard unhelpful stock reply.

Vodafone Customer Services

Mon, 20 May, 17:10 (9 days ago)

to me

Response

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch. If you're looking for help or info about a Vodafone product or service, we've got all the details for you right here.

If not, and you need help with your Mobile or Broadband, chat to one of our team online between 9am-9pm, Monday to Sunday. It's super simple, just head to our live chat assistant and follow the prompts.

Or if you have a question or need help with something else, then we can still help, just give us a call.

Thanks,

Your Team at Vodafone

1. My second message to Ryan of Vodafone Customer Care, cc James & Zara

28 May 2019, 22:45 (14 hours ago)

to James, Zara, Vodafone

Hi Ryan,

I have a hearing problem and, as such, much prefer to communicate by email. I the past this has proved not to be a problem but over the last few days, I get the distinct impression that, under the new regime, the Vodafone Customer Services Department has either been virtually disbanded or has adopted a new policy of ignoring customer's emailed replies in the hope they and their annoying problems will simply disappear. I really do hope that this is not the case and that someone, if not you Ryan, will take the trouble to contact me!

Please read my email sent to you on 20 May 2019 and respond accordingly. I am informing you yet again, I did NOT receive a FREE subscription for Neon, I agreed to pay an extra $15 a month to pay for it - see attached copy of agreement where the cost of the package on offer at the time was altered from $88.99 to $104.99 per month.

Please reply (hopefully before the end of the week), as my patience is wearing rather thin, particularly when deals from 2 Degrees and Spark are looking very attractive.

Regards,

Tony Mason

Ryan again fails to make a personal reply, only an automatic Vodafone stock message:

Vodafone Customer Services

Tue, 28 May, 22:46 (14 hours ago)

to me

Response

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch. If you're looking for help or info about a Vodafone product or service, we've got all the details for you right here.

If not, and you need help with your Mobile or Broadband, chat to one of our team online between 9am-9pm, Monday to Sunday. It's super simple, just head to our live chat assistant and follow the prompts.

Or if you have a question or need help with something else, then we can still help, just give us a call.

Thanks,

Your Team at Vodafone

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 29w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors