Pairing old Vodafone TV Box with SkyGo app

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Pairing old Vodafone TV Box with SkyGo app

by jessie1 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (262 Views)

The Vodafone app only works with the new Vodafone TV box now and as I still have the older T box I am trying to pair it up again through SkyGo but when I open the android app there is only the TV guide and programmes etc, where do I find this setting to link it up please? I just want to be able to use the app to record TV programmes and see the planner instead of having to do it through the actual TV using the remote which is much slower and a pain having to disturb someone if they are watching something etc. It is so handy to have this. Cheers.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Pairing old Vodafone TV Box with SkyGo app

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 5 (254 Views)

Hi @jessie1 

There should be a menu option in the APP under SETTINGS,

Then click on 'Pair my device'.  On the T-Box, go to Menu->Settings->Paired Devices and choose 'Add Device'.  A code will be provided on the TV to enter into the APP on your android device.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (252 Views)

Hi Grant. Yes I went to settings to start with but the option "pair my device" is not listed. My menu option on the app reads:

"Push notifications, SkyGo parental controls, Manage Devices, Video Quality, Terms & Conditions, My downloads, Feedback FAQS"

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 5 (250 Views)

Hi

Can you please PM me with your account number and MAC address listed under 'General Information' on your STB?

Thanks

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (228 Views)

I have just sent you another PM with more info, hope this helps.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors