30-05-2018 03:54 PM
08-06-2018 08:33 AM
We've had the new one for a few days now and heres my thoughts:
much more up to date UI, but less intuitive to begin with. However, after a few days it comes together, and is very easy to use. The remote feels nice and is simple, however i have a problem with being able to deliniate the ok button, the arrow buttone and the surrounding buttons by feel, meaning i ften hit menu instead of right, etc.
Also the remote is able to power off and on your TV, except telling it to do this also switches its volume buttons to the TV. Make sure the STB volume is set to max before doing this or you'll need to reset the remote and then relears the tv. not a biggie but annoying. We also run everything through an AV receiver so i would prefer to have the option of choosing whether or not the remote controls the volume. I have a Logitec Harmony, but i havent yet set it up with the new STB
Upgrade path is easy: Make a call, request the change and they'll send out the new box which is plug and play. My wife set ours up with limited knowledge of our AV setup. Dead easy. However, expect that even though you'll be told the T-box will continue to work until the new STB arrives, it'll be switched of fthe day you make the call, necessitating another call to Vodafone. If this happens, the fix seems to render the T-Box tempremental until its replaced.
I dont regret the change at all, and i really like the smaller form factor hardware.
19-06-2018 12:47 PM
24-06-2018 10:23 AM
I had a Vodafone T Box and have a Samsung smart TV. I was able to record all content and watch anything I had missed on
TV 1, 2 on TVNZ On Demand and Three on my tablet. I have other apps on my smart TV including Netflix, You Tube etc.
I decided to go with the latest technology, the new Vodafone STB Intro ( i had previously got rid of Sky) and have been disappointed to find that not all content can be recorded and not everything advertised is avaiable.
So I can see no advantages in the new Vodafone STB over the T Box with a Smart TV that has access to TVNZ On Demand and Netflix etc and would not recommend changing over to the new STB until more content can be recorded..
27-09-2020 05:04 PM
I agree. The new vox and remote is not that good.
With the old one I had far more information and I did not have to go back to the beginning each time.
Some programs cannot be recorded. I am sick of the screen freezing and for the talking to be out of sync. Far more problems with this new one yet I am paying more money per month?
24-06-2018 08:08 PM
01-07-2018 07:39 PM
after about 3 weeks of hell trying to get a renewal to our old sky deal we had with these guys, they convinced me the new VF TV was the best option. Needless to say i had told them to take it all back and not charge me a cent for it as it has been the worst we have ever had from them.
1. We cant record most or all shows on1,2,3,choice,duke where 70% of our shows we like to watch are.
2. YES we have catch up TV for 3 days, but that doesnt help the shows that my son wants me to record (and cant) for him to watch. Clincher, he is in 50/50 shared care and is away for a week at a time. Or the fact i work evenings and we used to do binge watching together on the weekends, we now cant
3. the top box often looses quality, freezes and is actually behind with its streaming by up to a minute vs our freeview
4. I am affectively paying $30 more for 6 months and $50 more for the other 6 months of a 12 month contract for being a beta tester for a poor product.
5. it took 10 working days from my acceptance to finally get someone to have my sky disconnected (was told on 3 occasions it would happen overnight) and that the VF TV would be running ASAP.
6. The apps are a crock, my TV has these built in ! Its a glorified poor quality APPLE TV or CHROMECAST device
7. no reminder feature
8. fast forward just shows a still image + timer and you play a huge guessing game to scroll past the adverts.
9. Saturday just been (around 1 and a half days into having this, the top box froze while changing channels and had "unidentified error" at the top right corner, and a blank screen. power cycled, tried again and it did it again. this happened for over an hour and was the straw that broke the camels back to us using Freeview since.
10. have requested VF to remove the TV service from our account and come up with a deal that matches and betters what new customers get for unlimited internet and Voice only or i will be removing my services completely and fighting any charges with the commerce commision.
06-05-2019 12:46 PM
are you still Vodafone Internet user and TV customer.
i am about to get an upgrade. my old box is running well untill we have a power outrage then have to spend time resetting , which is a pain.
after reading your comment of not recording etc doesnt seem what they told me . i heard that we can do more recordings than ever upto 200 hours and its all cloud base . i was like WOW Great!!!
but if this new TV box which is suppose to a new future thing keeps freezing and with all this fails iam very reluctant to change it.
iam waiting for my new TV box to arrive for good 6- 7 weeks and still no idea when it will come. Hope it never arrives.
11-10-2020 11:29 PM
Please see my previous post. Be aware with Vodafone TV box you CAN NOT record all programmes in fact there are possibly 70% that you can't record. If you like the History Programmes - sorry- can't record any on this channel or several others that most normal folks would watch. Sure you can watch them "live" up to 3 days back but thats a pain in the butt as you have to remember when they were on and keep notes. If you can record a programme there is certainly no surity that it will be there when you want to watch more likely it won't be as they just seem to drop off as Vodafone system feels like it.
If you have the old Vodafone T box and it's still working well hang on to it as the new Vodafone TV box is not a patch on it in th recording stakes.
Copyright © Vodafone New Zealand Ltd