Not connecting to wifi

Starter Poster

Not connecting to wifi

by Larrz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)

Recently purchased Vodafone tv and have no end of frustration trying to use it. It regularly cant connect to the internet or the apps don’t work. Have tried all the suggestions and yes it may work but an hour mucking around each night seems a bit counterproductive. Have hi speed broadband, won’t even register WiFi extender exists as have tried that, can’t use Ethernet cable as not practical router and fiber setup is in hall tv in next room. Suggestions welcome 

Posted from Apple iPad
Staff

Re: Not connecting to wifi

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)

Hi @Larrz 

Does the extender you are using support 5G? I assume so.  What channel on 5G are you using? Can try try a different frequency?

Another suggestion, are you able to bypass the extender and connect straight to your routers 5G wifi?

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

by Larrz Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (113 Views)

The internet proper set up two frequencies one 5ghtz the other not. It does sometime connect to the 5ghtz without the extender (I have had no luck at all with the extender) it is just a bit hit and miss and on average I can get it going but it may take an hour to get sorted so not the best when you are wanting to watch something

Posted from Apple iPad
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)

Can you try a different frequency on the 5G wifi?  On your router, it is likely currently set to AUTO.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors