New firmware for Gen1 VTV

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: New firmware for Gen1 VTV

by akok004 Starter Poster
Message 11 of 50 (1,057 Views)

The box is updated and I can see the new content

Only problem, The box faild to recognise that it is connected to Internet. Despite everything is connected and other wired conncted dvices on the same router are working as expcted. 

Looks like wide spread issue. 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Nosskit Starter Poster
Message 12 of 50 (1,020 Views)

Are you using the extenders and have you been able to resolve the problem?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PJCM Starter Poster
Message 13 of 50 (996 Views)

Our Gen 1 box powers up and appears responsive to remote commands but is not transmitting a signal to our Panasonic TV.  Have done several power cycles without success.  Our Gen 2 box is working fine.  Is there anything we should do?  Our Sky subscription is loaded on our Gen 1 box so it is important to get that working again.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PJCM Starter Poster
Message 14 of 50 (989 Views)

Did some Googling and found some HDCP references and issues with HDMI switches like we use because of various input devices (gaming consoles etc).  I've connected the box to TV directly and it now works.  It would be good if changes like this which could present connectivity issues which Vodafone would reasonably expect could have proactive messaging.  Many customers would prefer to avoid having to phone for help, or Google forums looking for insight.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff CMcWhinnie Staff
Message 15 of 50 (919 Views)

Hey there,

Can you please PM your account and contact details?

Highlighted
New Poster

by MelanieHansen New Poster
Message 16 of 50 (976 Views)

Loving the back button to switch back to previous channel!

However the volume button doesn't work when audio is set to Dolby. When I change setting to stereo it works fine.

I've tried resetting to factory settings as this resolved this issue in the past but no change. 

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
Highlighted
New Poster

by angusmabey New Poster
Message 17 of 50 (970 Views)
Hi there,

Since the upgrade my Vodafone TV is glitching (sound and image drops out) briefly.

Is happening every 20 - 30 seconds.

Cheers
Angus
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Staff

Message 18 of 50 (922 Views)

Hi there,

Can you please go to settings> more settings> Audio and Visual> Screen resolution and manually select 1080p and confirm, if that doesn't fix, can you please change to 720p and advise if this has worked for you? Manually changing the resolution has worked for other customers so we want to start testing this with a wider group of customers to get service back working. If this has worked for you, can you please PM me your account details along with your TV manufacturor and the model number? EG Panasonic TH55SF2U.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by mikedusty Starter Poster
Message 19 of 50 (945 Views)
Same problem here, still happening today so obviously no fix overnight
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Staff

Message 20 of 50 (920 Views)

Hi there, can you also please try the below?

Can you please go to settings> more settings> Audio and Visual> Screen resolution and manually select 1080p and confirm, if that doesn't fix, can you please change to 720p and advise if this has worked for you? Manually changing the resolution has worked for other customers so we want to start testing this with a wider group of customers to get service back working. If this has worked for you, can you please PM me your account details along with your TV manufacturor and the model number? EG Panasonic TH55SF2U.

Stats
  • 49 Replies
  • 32w ago
  • 23 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors