New firmware for Gen1 VTV

Staff

Re: New firmware for Gen1 VTV

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 41 of 51 (1,393 Views)

Hi @Toa001 

This may be a silly question, but are you using the HDMI cable that came with the STB, or from somewhere else?

If not the HDMI cable that came with the STB, can you please try using that cable.

Thanks

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster mikedusty Regular Poster
Message 42 of 51 (1,330 Views)
The Vodafone tv box is STILL reverting back to 1080p despite being saved to 720p causing flickering screen and sound cutting in and out. Every time I turn my tv on, I have the inconvenience of having to go into settings to change it back. please advise whether this issue is going to be fixed.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 43 of 51 (1,306 Views)

Hi @mikedusty 

Can you please PM me with your STB serial?

Thanks

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

by ElissaReu Starter Poster
Message 44 of 51 (1,306 Views)

This upgrade was weeks ago and it's clear to see that we are all still having issues.  Vodafone have replaced my top box and I'm still having issues with it loosing internet connection and the screen resolution reverting back.  WHEN will this be fixed.  This is ridiculous.  I'm paying for a service that isn't working as it should be.  I just don't have enough time in my day to ring Vodafone every day and tell them the same message over and over and I don't have enough time in my day to log a message on this message board every day.  Why has someone from the technical team not resolved this issue.  There hasn't been any messages on here to suggest that Vodafone are working to fix the issues.  They keep coming back with questions regarding - our internet, our TV, etc.  This is NOT our problem.  Everything was working fine UNTIL the upgrade.  Why hasn't Vodafone realised that this is an upgrade issue.  

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 45 of 51 (1,298 Views)

@ElissaReu 

Please send me a PM with your set top box serial number and I will take a look.

Cheers

Grant

Starter Poster

Message 46 of 51 (1,295 Views)

H.  Serial number is 617449031497.  It only got replaced about a week ago after I complained.  We're having issues with the top box reverting the screen resolution and also still having issues with it connecting to the internet.  Every time we want to use we need to turn it all off at the wall and then wait for it all to log back in again.  It was all working perfectly fine before the upgrade.

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 47 of 51 (1,288 Views)

Hi @ElissaReu 

I do not see 617449031497 in the system. Is that serial number correct?  Under the menu, more information.. What household ID does it say you are?

Thanks
Grant

Starter Poster

Message 48 of 51 (1,273 Views)

Hi.  Household ID 52487288 and the serial number is correct as given.

Starter Poster

by Toa001 Starter Poster
Message 49 of 51 (1,281 Views)
Tried that didn’t work...gonna send the Vodafone boxes back- pointless having them when they don’t work.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Martinh Starter Poster
Message 50 of 51 (1,241 Views)
Hi Grant

Done
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 50 Replies
  • 42w ago
  • 23 Kudos