New firmware for Gen1 VTV

Highlighted
Staff

New firmware for Gen1 VTV

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 1 of 51 (2,232 Views)

We have just released a significant upgrade for Vodafone TV Gen1 users (Gen1 is bundled with selected Vodafone broadband plans).  This will upgrade all Gen1 users from R3.1 to R5.1.  You can either wait for the upgrade overnight or select "Check for Updates" via the settings menu.  

Details here: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/tv/vodafone-tv/software-update-r5-1/

In summary, this release brings a number of benefits including:

1. The Amazon Prime Video app

2. A new look home screen (4 apps instead of 3) and TV Guide filtering options

3. Dolby 5.1 on channels that support D5.1

4. The full Play Stuff app with the latest local and international news and sport, food, home and garden inspiration, or short docos and fitness videos

5. A large number of performance improvements and generally smoother and faster UI

Tell us what you think!

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: New firmware for Gen1 VTV

by Tlw Starter Poster
Message 2 of 51 (2,205 Views)
Hey,
I can’t comment on the new features yet but the update process was far from smooth. My Vodafone TV suddenly stopped working earlier, home screen loaded but when trying to watch anything resulted in a server connection issue, there was no prompt to update and spent ages troubleshooting & doing the usual restarting the box etc. before finding this post after resorting to google!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 3 of 51 (2,173 Views)

Hi @Tlw,

VTV should not stop working due to the update as this only occurs when idle in the software maintenance window between 2am and 5am, or when initiated via the settings menu.  GIven your post was from about 10pm (and you didn't mention initiating the update) the server connection issue wouldn't have been related to the update.    There is also a clear indication on the screen during the update proceedure.

The update does fix a number of bugs including the type of issue you mention here, so hopefully you've now received the update and things are working well now?

Hamish

Highlighted
New Poster

by tiaw New Poster
Message 4 of 51 (2,172 Views)
My Vodafone Tv has upgraded and is now glitching as if it has a week signal, I have tried unplugging it as well as unplugging the other cables and it has not fixed its self and is still having very bad reception
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Tlw Starter Poster
Message 5 of 51 (2,159 Views)
so my TV was fine Monday, suddenly stopped working Tuesday but the update fixed it Tuesday night (after I googled to see if others were having issues and found the post about the update, the tv didn’t prompt) you really going to tell me it wasn’t related? I don’t want to be that person but I work in a technical role and telling customers something isn’t related when it clearly is isn’t really going to help Vodafone learn or provide a better customer experience. If your upgrade is going to cause potential outages then customers should be warned
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster mikedusty Regular Poster
Message 6 of 51 (2,142 Views)
Since the upgrade overnight, Vodafone tv image is flickering with volume cutting in and out constantly on all channels. Have reset etc, no joy. Apple TV tested on same tv with no issue so obviously the Vodafone tv box
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Nosskit Starter Poster
Message 7 of 51 (2,075 Views)

Can you please share the make and model of your TV. 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by ElissaReu Starter Poster
Message 8 of 51 (2,137 Views)

Upgrade is terrible.  Having issues with what looks like static running over the top of the programme.  When will the issue be fixed.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Nosskit Starter Poster
Message 9 of 51 (2,075 Views)

Could you please share the make and model of your TV?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by ElissaReu Starter Poster
Message 10 of 51 (1,849 Views)

Vodafone have decided that our Vodafone TV box is faulty and are replacing.  

Stats
  • 50 Replies
  • 41w ago
  • 23 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors