NEW VODAFONE TV

Starter Poster

NEW VODAFONE TV

by april2107 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (210 Views)

What a joke this service is!

I wish the customer service team would know what they are doing and I could actually just talk to the same person.

our old T-box stopped working 2 weeks ago.  They upgraded us to the new TV box.  The sales person didn't know what he was talking about as he told me and I quote "the box would arrive in 5 working days you just need to plug it and you'll be away".  Ummm even I knew that a tech would have to come out and set it up.

So week later nothing.  Rung vodafone and they said a tech would come out the next day.  So that's fine he came but couldn't connect my TV services as VF said they were having issues and they would call me later - no they didn't.  I had to ring and talk to someone for over 40 minutes to tell me had to "escalate" my order and still no reply after that.

Thursday - Nothing from VF.  Rung and spoke to a guy then he had to transfer me to another TV line for this set up.  on hold for 1 hour 40 minutes - gave up, what a joke!

Now we are Friday, I've spoken to 2 people already and they can't help me.  Currently on hold for 16 minutes and counting to speak to someone again on 0800 438 448 - I actually don't know what to do.  Might as well ring Sky TV, it's an absolute farce.

Starter Poster

Re: NEW VODAFONE TV

by PerryBraiden Starter Poster
Message 2 of 8 (198 Views)

I would seriously recommend you check out some of the comments on this site and others regarding the "new" Vodafone TV box.  It is honesty not fit for purpose and so badly designed you will be ripping your hair out within days.

When they upsold you on this did they mention that it is more expensive, that you cannot do basic stuff like fast forward with pictures, that it freezes constantly, reboots constantly, the remote locks up constantly AND believe it or not, you cannot record whole channels AT ALL, and on other channels, dozens and dozens of shows cannot be recorded at all?  

Cannot record Choice channel, HGTV, Duke, I would say probably 60% of content is unrecordable overall.  It's so inferior to the old STB/T-Boxes in almost every aspect.  No screensaver, a very cumbersome menu.  Heck it takes about 12 pushes of the button just to find out how much space it uses, and the amount shown when you get there is never correct.

Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 3 of 8 (98 Views)

Hi @PerryBraiden 

In terms of the recording capability, we're pleased to say that you can now record all programmes on HGTV and Choice channels.

With HGTV and Choice recordable 88.1% of all programmes across Vodafone TV channels are now recordable. Often a programme features 3 day catch-up or is available on-demand even if it isn't recordable. These figures are based on the actual recording rights across all programmes currently lised in the programme guide(-3 days to +7 days).

Regards

Hamish

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 8 (73 Views)

Hi Hamish, so you are making this sound like a good thing - that FINALLY you can record up to 88% of recordable content that you can record 100% of on other devices, like Sky or the T-Boxes.  

Could you answer WHY this information is not and was not made available to consumers who have been persuaded to opt for a not fit for purpose product?  It is really poor form from VFNZ considering the dozens if not hundreds of faults this product has.  

Also, is VFNZ therefore going to allow consumers it has conned into this product to pay a staggered % of their monthly TV bill in line with the % of recordable content.  I, like others, expect and were under the impression it was 100% as good as the T-Box and better, as good as 100% of the Sky product, and it isn't.  So I think the least you could do is offer compensation.

What is VFNZ's thoughts?

Staff

Message 5 of 8 (55 Views)

Hi @PerryBraiden 

Thanks again for your feedback and asking for our thoughts on the points you raise.    I'm happy to speak with you directly given you have been given the wrong impression about the service which is not identical to the T-box or Sky products. Feel free to DM me.

We are confident in the new Vodafone TV service and believe it is much more than just fit for purpose.  We believe it is the best way to watch broadcast TV, Sky, Freeview, Netflix, YouTube and other content all in one place with 3 day catch up changing the way you watch and record TV.

We do not claim to provide 100% recording on Vodafone TV and are careful to make this clear when selling the service.  For example when we state in our marketing materials about how Vodafone TV has "up to 200 hours of recording*"  we also have "*Recordings not available on all content." placed immediately below this statement.

( see https://www.vodafone.co.nz/tv/vodafone-tv/). 

The new Vodafone TV service and box streams from cloud-based servers in the same way as Netflix, Apple TV and other On Demand services do.  In addition, Vodafone TV offers cloud-based recording and 3 day TV catch up which has a number of great benefits over recording the more traditional way (using a hard disk). 3 day TV catch up also means you don’t need to press record to watch programmes that have recently aired. The cloud service also allows you to watch your TV service and recordings from a mobile or 2nd set top box. 

To deliver a cloud-based recording and catch up service we must obtain permission from the content copyright holders to record their content.  TV recorders that use a hard disk (eg the old T-box) don’t need these permissions due to a special exception in international copyright law that allows recording to a personal storage device.  Cloud recording isn’t classed as a personal storage device unfortunately.

The vast majority of our customers are more than happy with the extra benefits of the Vodafone TV service and being able to record or catch up on over 88% of programmes.  However, if being able to record 100% of broadcast TV programmes is what you require, then Vodafone TV is not for you. 

Regards

Hamish

Starter Poster

Message 6 of 8 (23 Views)

Hamish, 

With all due respect we were told this new VFNZ product was "amazing", the "future of tv", was "better than a T-Box".  It is NONE of these things.  It has dozens and dozens of issues with it.  It does not even fast forward with pictures.  It crashes constantly.  In constantly comes up with error messages, things like cannot connect to internet, and on and on.  It does not record all channels, not all programmes on all channels.  

As for now getting HGTV and Choice - well, that doesn't work.  I tried to record something tonight on Choice.  What do I get, surprise surprise, error message......SR002 Sorry, there was a problem scheduling a series recording.  Please try again later.......this on a show, that I want just to record the single episode, that is recordable as a series.  Go figure.

I disagree, there are many many disastisfied customers on this forum and others - heck, VFNZ can't even be bothered answering 90% of the queries on this forum, their own forum.

Your Staff informed me this was a great product, they never once mentioned ANY of the above issues not the dozens of other ones.  If they had, I would have made an informed decision to stick to my beloved T-Box, not move to this pile of junk and get locked into a plan that you will charge me hundreds of dollars to get out of.  That is a SCAM mate, a SCAM.  Plain and simple.

As a customer from the day KCL - Kapiti Cable Limited laid cable in our street I have been a customer.....from that day, through when it was sold to Saturn, then to Telstra, then VFNZ.  All I expect is a product that works at least 99% of the time, and that VFNZ is up front and acts with integrity and honesty with its customers.  This product is a mere shadow of a T-Box in terms of capability and should not have been released publicly until it works properly.  Heck, even KCL knew this 20 years ago back and provided their product for free while they got it right, then started charging.  So are you telling us you will now allow us to not be charged hundreds in break fees and reinstate our T-Box service?

Staff

Message 7 of 8 (97 Views)

Hello @april2107 ,

Many apologies for your experience, this should not have happened. Are you now connected?  If not, then please DM me your details and I can investigate further.

Hamish

Starter Poster

by april2107 Starter Poster
Message 8 of 8 (50 Views)
No still not sorted and it’s been 3 weeks. Actually the worst service I have ever experienced!!!

And re above no one told me it was different to T-box capabilities!!! Staff in the call centres obviously haven’t been fully trained in the new Vodafone tv box.

Vodafone obviously doesn’t care about my custom either as I’ve had nothing but the run around!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors