Migration of account; vodafone tv

New Poster
Accepted Solution

Migration of account; vodafone tv

by SimonB2 New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (624 Views)

I have had vodafone tv for about 5 years and no problems until 1 of the tv decoders stopped working just under 3 months ago.

I rang the help desk to try and get a new tv decoder but was told they don't do them anymore and asked me to sign up to a new plan with them and it would arrive within 9-10 working days. 11 weeks later, multiple phone calls to customer service in India promising it will be delivered within "3 days" and still nothing. In addition I am still being billed for the decoder which doesn't work (did eventually manage to get a partial refund after an hour on the phone).

What exactly does "migrating to a new platform" mean? and if the new service hasn't been delivered for almost 3 months, does that mean I am no longer bound by the terms of the new contract?

Regards,

Simon

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Migration of account; vodafone tv

by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 2 of 4 (579 Views)
Hi Simon, So sorry to hear about your experience trying to get your services up and running. You definitely should have had your fault investigated and I do apologise for this. Please private message me with your details and will get this looked into ASAP. It certainly should not take this long to get your device. Thanks Theresa
Starter Poster

by HarryStevenson Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (306 Views)

Hi, 

Account #33740

I have had exactly the same problem to summarise:

- Called Vodafone to report failure of My Sky on March 3rd. Updated bundled plan and told to expect tecnician to replace legacy Sky box within 2-4 working days.

- No tecnician arrived so called back a few weeks later. Have had to repeat calls 8-10 times each call taking more than an hour as each time I had to repeat the entire issue to the vodafone call taker.

- Finally insisted on speaking to a manager/supervisor in migrations who seemed to work out that the upgrade of the plan had been bungled which caused the migration to fail.

- I have now re-ordered the upgrade and am awaiting the promised technician with the utmost skepticisim.

I have been with Vodafone for many years. Throughout this ordeal I have remained calm and polite and have continued to pay my Vodafone bills including the portion for My Sky - $119.54

I believe that as I have been paying for a service that I have not been receiveing due to the incomptetence of Vodafone that I should receive a credit to my account for that period of time i.e. 4 months @ $119.54 = $478.16

When I raised this with the Vodafone sales agent I was told that the most that could be done was one months worth of credit. When I requested to speak to her manager/supervisor (who she had just conferred with) I was informed that this would not be possible. 

I genuinely believe that I am merely asking the minimum of what would be fair - credit for services that were not delivered. In reality if Vodafone cared about their faithful clients they would be offering significantly more than that.

I look forward to your response - and the long awaited visit from the tecnician.

Regards

Harry Stevenson

Starter Poster

by NannaNapster Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

i had exactly the same issue .

couln't believe how poor the customer service was. They couldn't even answer the simplest of questions. I have never encountered such a bunch of incompetent babboons in all my life. I've almost gotten to the point of not following my beloved warriors because they are sponsered by this uncaring , useless company.......don't get me started on  trying to sign in to the vodafone app..omg impossible

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors