Lost TV recordings

Starter Poster

Lost TV recordings

by Mcginlep Starter Poster
Message 1 of 12 (442 Views)
Switched on TV today, all recorded shows missing and all booked to record missing. As if it was brand new.

Is this a common fault and can I recover what we had?
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

Re: Lost TV recordings

by brentis Starter Poster
Message 2 of 12 (383 Views)

Same here. Have they given any solution?

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster chch_mike Regular Poster
Message 3 of 12 (380 Views)

This has hapened to me a few times and yes, its very annoying. Usually a reboot or two fixes it - either turn everything off at the wall for a few seconids then back on again, or reboot your modem (switch it off then on again), or both. Hope that works for you.

New Poster

by nicholls22 New Poster
Message 4 of 12 (362 Views)

Yep same thing happened to us, the box keeps losing internet connection - even though nothing wrong with wifi as phones retain connection, have to switch off and on at the wall to fix it - but last time we did that it lost all recordings and series recordings off the box.  They are still on the mobile app so i can go in to the app and push to tv - but would be nice to have th box actually work, considering what we are being charged.  Will be going back to Sky once contract is up if all these issuses aren't resolved shortly.  They should never have launched a faulty product - should've waited till all the gliches were ironed out before launching as now just have a bunch of unhappy customers.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 12 (286 Views)
Not really. Sorry late reply but after a while it came back. Not just off and on once.... had to reboot couple times. But everything came back
Regular Poster

Message 6 of 12 (247 Views)

Happened again to me tonight, all recordings lost on both my VTV boxes and phone app, it took an hour of the usual mucking around before it eventually came back.

To state it politely I’m getting very sick of these glitches, especially given Vodafones apparent lack of concern.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 7 of 12 (243 Views)
I'm sure VodafoneNZ will be working on a fix with vendor!
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 12 (231 Views)
Yep happened to me too again. Fully unplugged from mains a d rebooted back to normal.
We never turned off the box - possibly causing issue? Would be great if it just had auto on off function like other hdmi devices like ps4 and the old sky decoder
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster martywire Frequent Poster
Message 9 of 12 (167 Views)

I am having the exact same issue - however no matter how many times i reboot my unit the recordings dont come back.  I have a second unit in the other room and this one is fine!

Has anyone got a fix for this?

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 10 of 12 (152 Views)

Have you tried switching your modem off and on? This often does the trick for me.

Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors