How do I reset my new vodafone set top box that only has a standby and settings button

Starter Poster

How do I reset my new vodafone set top box that only has a standby and settings button

by Nzvenus Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,838 Views)

I had my set top box working but had to unplug it and now it doesn't work.  The box itself has a red pulsing light and on the tv it just keeps coming up with a loading message.  I have unplugged it, reset my modem, reprogrammed by remote, unplugged everything and plugged it all back in and pushed the reset button on the box but nothing seems to work.   Any ideas what else to do?

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
Staff

Re: How do I reset my new vodafone set top box that only has a standby and settings button

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 5 (1,809 Views)

Hi @Nzvenus

What happens if you press the standby button on the side of the set top box?  Does the light change?

If it goes solid red, try pressing it again and report outcome.

Please PM me with your account number too.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: How do I reset my new vodafone set top box that only has a standby and settings button

Message 3 of 5 (1,798 Views)
No pressing the standby button does nothing to the red light. I've pm'd you my account number too.
Posted from Samsung SM-G900F
Starter Poster

by chrisnz79 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (1,001 Views)
Hi.

Just wondering if you got a fix for this as having the exact same issue.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (992 Views)
Hi, after a lot of back and forth on the phone and initially being told it was a vodafone tv issue that just needed a network fix and then it still not working two weeks later I pretty much gave up and just sent it back. They did offer to send a new box but I was over it by then ☺.
Posted from Samsung SM-G900F
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors