Gen 1 no longer works (not subscribed)

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Gen 1 no longer works (not subscribed)

by beegad42 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (653 Views)

We have the large Non Wifi STB and I really like it. We had an issue back in May and Vodafone sent a replacement router and a Gen2 STB.

The router fixed the issue, we sent back the old router and Gen2 STB.

Yesterday the GEN1 STB came up with an error "You are not subscribed to this channel" and all the channels are greyed out. It was working fine on Oct 31.

Two hours on the phone and we were told  that the serial number of the STB in Vodafone system is for a Gen2 STB and they refused to re-activate the Gen1 STB, they only fix offered is for them to send out a Gen2 STB next week.

To say I was pissed off would be an understatement as I missed the All Blacks game and could not record it.

I do not want a Gen2 STB due to all the issues as documented on this site. How do I get my Gen1 reactivated, or do I need to start with Consumers Gaurantee Act.

BG

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Gen 1 no longer works (not subscribed)

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (649 Views)

@beegad42  You could not of recorded the All Blacks game anyway due to recording was disabled for the game due to the content owner

The new Vodafone TV box Gen2 is much better I have had one for about a month now and really no issues at all and the unit got a software update recently which fixed quite a few small bugs

Are you a Vodafone NZ broadband fixed line customer?

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 6 (643 Views)

Further to this you don't own the Gen1 STB VodafoneNZ does the Gen2 unit you can own

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by beegad42 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (637 Views)

The Gen1 recorded all the previous All Blacks World Cup games, why would it not have recorded the Semi Final?

Yes I am Vodafone broadband.

Have they fixed the fast forward i.e. so you can see the image when fast forwarding. Can you see from the program guide that a program is set to record rather than having to scrolll another list to find out.

There were a heap of features I did not like in Gen2, it seemed like a huge step backwards from Gen1 (i.e. seriously frustrating)

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 6 (633 Views)

Have you viewed the Vodafone TV thread over on www.geekzone.co.nz ? The product ower is providing lots of information and updates?

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=40&topicid=254293

If you post in that thread on Geekzone do @sansom he will be advised of the post

Lots of helpful information in that thread and lots to review before posting but if you are still a Vodafone NZ broadband customer the Gen1 box should still work fine, Contact Hamish on Geekzone aka samson and he should be able to sort it out or even @grantt should be able to help

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (628 Views)
If you PM me your details I’ll get someone to look into this Monday.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 36w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors