Faulty STB

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Faulty STB

[ Edited ]
by Guerin Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,020 Views)

Last Friday night 23/02 I had the TV on in the background to hear a pop sound to the check and see no signal on my TV.

I traced it down to a fauly power supply on the Vodafone STB - Burnt smell.

I rang up on Sat 24/02 to be on hold for 20 mins only to find the agent on the other couldn't hear me and hung up the call.

So I rang back again on hold for another 20 mins and got through and explained the situation.

The guy was helpful and was informed the STB is legacy and will be replaced with a new STB instead.  New device will be delivered during the working week etc.  Feel free to connect up or wait for Chorus technician but should be really nothing to it.

To my surprise Got a txt from Chorus on Sun 25/02 saying incident will be resolved before 9pm.

Got a call from Chorus tech a couple of hours later saying he will come out.  2 Techs arrived, gave me the new model Vodafone TV STB.  I connected it up.  They tried ringing a team called 'despatch' to be told despatch doesn't work on Sunday.  Was told to leave it and they will or someone will follow up tomorrow.

Monday 26/02.  Got a call from a Vodafone lady saying that she had a note to give me a call about provisioning.  I was under the impression she thought this was a new account package being signed up for rather than a fault.  She told similar about the old STB being replaced with the new STB and because of this my package deal is no longer applicable but will retain my current price for another 12 months and after that it will go up.  Signing on to this will also mean signing on for another 12 months.  I was really just ringing about a fault...She advise if after 12 months I'm not happy with the price to call up again and work out a deal.  She informed me of all the benefits the new services come with. Particularly going from Fibre 30 to 100 which was appealing but if got my STB up and working again, sure whatever goes.  She told me I will get an email but I never did.  (perhaps it's issues with paradise.net.nz inconsitent forwading which is another story)

Came home Monday 26/02 to see New Vodafone TV STB not activated.  Rang in and hold for 20 mins.  Guy was helpful checked a few things and advised the provisioning team needs to active this.  So please wait and give it 24-48 hours.

Tuesday early morning 27/02,  Got a knock at the door from the couriers.  Got delivered a replacement STB

of the old model!

Got a follow up call Tuesday morning 27/02 from the guy from Monday night advise that it's in the system and hopefully resolved soon.  Advised him that a replacement of the old STB arrived.  Checked notes but he wasn't sure.

Came home Tuesday 27/02.  STB not activated.  Thought crossed my mind to just use the power supply of the old model replacement unit and plug into the original STB but I thought to be patient and wait it out.

Came home tonight Wednesday 28/02 to find STB still not activated.  Rang in again to hold for 20mins.  Reexplained the situation and much confusion was had.  Was placed on hold and advised because I agreed to the sales lady on Monday, I essentially signed up to a new service meaning I will now have 2 STB but still didn't make sense considering Chorus deliver the new STB on a Sunday. Asked if I will be paying for this and was told of course because I agreed to sales and it's in the sytem now as a new order.  I don't understand how I could potentially be paying for 2 STB when physically only have 1 TV.  In meantime was told that they could activate the old model replacement STB.

Told them I will just use the replacement power supply with the original STB as the MAC address etc should still be active and sure enough it's working.

So can someone please help look into this and cancel whatever changes that might occur or if at least trying to sign me up to new services that it is functioning.  However overall i'm happy with my current plans although they may no longer exist as they are more than suffiecient for my needs.  I want to avoid the hassle of a weird billing or creditors chasing up for money.

Sorry if it seems like a rant but just trying to list order of occurance.

INC000002411444

Can PM account number if required.

Community Manager

Re: Faulty STB

[ Edited ]
by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 5 (975 Views)

@Guerin

So sorry about this. The team have looked into this and will be in contact today, should have everything tidied up by this evening.

Again, apologies.

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by Guerin Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (940 Views)

@MikeHales Thank you, new model STB activated today and working.
Can you clarify on Monday, the matter of whether there are any changes that will be occouring on my account or will the plan remain status quo.  What do I do with the faulty STB and the old model replacement STB

Starter Poster

by Guerin Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (858 Views)

So got another call this evening from a tech wanting to organize a time to install of the new STB.
Explained the gist of the story and already activated...  However asked if he could pick up the faulty and replacement old STB.
Was told I could throw the faulty one away but will pick up the replacement. 
Still awaiting clarification on any changes to my account.  Dreading the possibility of weird billing.

Starter Poster

by Guerin Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (832 Views)

So now I got a txt that a new fibre modem is on it's way...what is going on?

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 51w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors