Corrupt Neflix Sound

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Corrupt Neflix Sound

by AlistairArnold Starter Poster
Message 1 of 12 (204 Views)

I am having an issue, when trying to watch Netflix video from my Vodfone TV, through my Philips smart TV, the sound is corrupted. The sound on the same Video directly through the Netflix app on the TV is fine, as it is if streamed from either  my Laptop or Cellphone through Chromecast.

I have tried hard reboot ( ie turning off the power at the wall for minimum 30 seconds) of the Vodafone STB, with no result.

Add to this the pink or white start up screens, intermittant and random lockup of the device in the middle a program from any source (freeview, sky, or lightbox) and no support for Disney Plus or Spark Sport and  Vodafone TV is becoming less and less my preferred source, if it wasn't for the Sky sport there would be no compelling reason to keep my Vodafone TV subscription.

Retired Staff

Re: Corrupt Neflix Sound

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 12 (202 Views)
Is the unit connected to the web over Ethernet or Wi-Fi? I have never experienced any issue with sound on Netflix

And no idea why you are asking about Disney+ the unit was not even sold advertising it and VodafoneNZ has already confirmed they are trying to get Disney+ but it's going to take time!
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 12 (189 Views)

thanks for your response.

The vodafone TV is connected to our vodafone modem using ethernet cable.

The reason I mentiopn Disney plus is that this service has been signalled for some months, users of android and apple tv devices ( in there many different guises) have had working apps for some time whilst the best that Vodafone has been able to manage in the same timeframe is to rearrange the channel numbering to match Sky for a single dedicated device not the greatest service. i have attempted to get information from "vodafone Ninjas"in store with very little joy. It is with little hope of help that I have posted here.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 12 (185 Views)
The official comments about disney+ is already posted on here the VodafoneNZ community and over on www.geekzone.co.nz

Work in progress but no date
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 12 (183 Views)
The ninjas / xsquad would not know about this as it's not in market I only know cause the service owner has posted information online already
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 12 (181 Views)

my main issue is not support for disney that is a symptom of vodafone's service. The issue with the sound, the VTV does not work as it is supposed to and i cannot get an answer from Vodafone as to what is wrong, or how to fix it.

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 7 of 12 (175 Views)

Can you please PM with a video showing the audio issue and describe your setup including makes and models of all equipment between the STB and TV?

Thanks

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 12 (125 Views)

I am not technically illiterate but  I fail to see any option for PM on this platform.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 9 of 12 (121 Views)

@AlistairArnold  Click on the user name @grantt  and you will see the option ' SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE '

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 12 (119 Views)

Thanks John, I had just managed to figure that out. 

Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 7w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors