Colour balance on new VTV

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Colour balance on new VTV

by harryt158 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (378 Views)

We have recently started watching programmes and recordings on our new Vodofone TV box through our Panasonic smart TV and are finding the colours are quite strange. In particular, all reds appear as varous shades of orange. This is quite disconcerting for watching cycling because the teams jerseys are unidentifiable in the peloton. Likewise the Crusaders' strip appears as orange and black. Video from all other sources on the same TV appear normal. Using all the colour balance controls on the TV it has been impossible to acheive a decent red for things we know are really red.

As no-one else seems to have complained about this disconcerting issue yet, we hope we have a dud box which can be replaced. Any suggestions welcome.

Starter Poster

Re: Colour balance on new VTV

by Superstar74 Starter Poster
Message 2 of 6 (171 Views)
Hey there, just wondering whether you got a resolution to your issue here? We have just joined up for VF TV with a brand new Panasonic Smart TV, however same issue as you where we just get shades of orange and no red colours at all. I’ve had four phone calls with VF and about to get my third VFbox sent out in four weeks, but nothing is improving it. Did anyone come back to you with suggestions or did it get resolved eventually? Fingers crossed as I can’t watch the V8 Supercars the way it is...its just so wrong ... LOL!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by harryt158 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (160 Views)
Hi Superstar74, by chance I discovered that colours were normal using HDMI3 and HDMI4 inputs. No help at all from Vodafone except they sent me a second box with the same problem. Corresponded with Panasonic thinking the TV must be faulty but they reckoned it was a firmware issue with the box which VF should fix with an update (don't hold your breath). Apparently HDMI1 and 2 use a slightly different video protocol. Hope this helps. Let me know if it works.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Contributor

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (147 Views)
I’ve not seen this one before. Interesting and keen to know @Superstar74 if moving to HDMI 3 or 4 resolves for you too. I will find the right person to update the knowledge base for agents so they can help others going forward.

I’ll also round up any known issues with Gen2 and post in this forum in case that helps with other issues.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Superstar74 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 6 (137 Views)
You are an absolute rockstar @harryt158. That has made it 100% better and I was getting frustrated that no matter how many times VF sent me a new box it wasn’t going to improve and having to repeat the issue over and over again was doing my head in. I can live with it now! Bathurst will look amazing with the right Supercheap Auto colour ... LOL!

@JamRam, certainly good idea to update knowledgebase so agents don’t keep sending unnecessary boxes or insist I need to buy a new TV, even after explaining that my Sky TV box didn’t have this issue and the TV is less than 12months old. Also, agents still not leaving notes in Siebel/Oneview (if that’s still being used)...what started to irritate me the most was the constant repeating myself to get to the same peak of “we will send a new box” and not escalating any further. I even told them someone else had the same issue on the community page so sad that none of the agents could use their initiate and done exactly what I did. Good luck with that :-)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (130 Views)

@Superstar74 I've found the right person and given them the info to update the knowledge base. Thank you for confirming it resolved the issue for you too.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 33w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors