Casting VTV app to TV

Regular Poster

Casting VTV app to TV

by Regular Poster 12Guage Regular Poster
Message 1 of 3 (532 Views)
Can the VTV App for iPad be casted to a TV via chromecast, cable etc????
Posted from Apple iPhone
Staff

Re: Casting VTV app to TV

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 3 (509 Views)

Hi @12Guage 

Casting from the APP to Chromecast is not possible.  You can view only direct on the mobile device.

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

Re: Casting VTV app to TV

by DonHounsell Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (425 Views)

There are quite a few posts on this forum querying whether VFTV can be cast to Chromecast.  None of these that I can see have had any response (which is disappointing).  As far as I can see, the VFTV app will not work if casting or screen mirroring is enabled, and there is no Cast icon within the app -- so I am guessing the answer is that it is not allowed ... it would be good to hear this from somebody in Vodafone who knows the facts.

What I am wanting to be able to do in particular is cast the Sky sport channels.  I travel a bit, and it is great to take a chromecast with me to plug into whatever TV I have whereever I am to keep up with the sport.  Sky Go let's me cast the sports channels, but I am keen to cancel my standard Sky account and subscribe to Sky sport through VFTV.  It just appears that I will lose some functionality if I do that.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 38w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors