Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

New Poster

Cannot connect to server or connection lost - Vodafone TV not working.

by MichaelHobbs New Poster
Message 41 of 47 (1,496 Views)

We have had Vodafone TV for two days, and already have an endless string of issues, now while watching it just cut out without warning, and since we have had an error message "Cannot connect to server or connection lost" ... Restarted the box, internet, router... nothing works, internet is completely fine.... looks like we have just been sold a completely dud service as I see many others have this issue ongoing for months.

Starter Poster

Re: Cannot connect to server or connection lost - Vodafone TV not working.

[ Edited ]
by Hanzie Starter Poster
Message 42 of 47 (1,459 Views)

Same here... see message #38

I restart the router extender attached to Vodafone box, after a while the darned thing comes back to live. But no guarantees... it can loose the connection anytime...

What annoys me most is the 'deafening silence' from Vodafone!

Obviously they don't monitor this community board.

Basically I see myself as a beta tester, who still has to pay for the service...

Unimpressed...

Starter Poster

Re: Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

[ Edited ]
by Hanzie Starter Poster
Message 43 of 47 (1,473 Views)

Since I have my Vodafone TV installed last Friday, I have had the 'Cannot connect to server or connection lost' issue multiple times with the only solution to restart the router connected to the setup box. I have seen 4 pages on this community page with the same issue, but I have not seen any 'official' Vodafone reaction that gives a reason why this happens or for that matter what the solution is.

I feel that customers are used a beta-testers who have to pay for their effort....

VODAFONE where is your official reaction?? I have a long laundry list of complaints about your poor support. Hanging on the phone for more than an hour is not what I would call support.

Man Mad

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Boro_boy Starter Poster
Message 44 of 47 (803 Views)
For the 4th time in just over a week I have had "Connection lost ..." even though when I look in Network it says I'm connected and my Netflix and YouTube still work. This issue stopped for awhile but has restarted again.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
New Poster

by JaneVermeer New Poster
Message 45 of 47 (797 Views)

Same for me... plus connecting seems to take an age now

Starter Poster

by Hanzie Starter Poster
Message 46 of 47 (618 Views)

Ensure your router and Vodafone TV box are in the same room. Make sure your router has good line of sight and is not obstructed too much.

My experience with the extended routers was bad and I have now decided to move the router to where the tv box is. The Vodafone solution using extender routers was just illogical. They suggested to connect one extender router to the main router (???) and then the receiving extender router close to the TV box. I never understood the logic of an extender router connected to the main router. Just seems like an additional point of failure...

My next point is the lacking support and understanding of their own product. I tried to get troubleshooting support from Vodafone but literally nobody could provide an actual answer to my problem. Vodafone were reluctant to sort my problem out simply because they themselves did not understand how to solve the problem of router and Vodafone TV box in separate rooms. This is a simple case of a solution that was not properly tested and is fraught with problems.

If you have a faulty product you don't roll it out or suggest a setup that only works if router and TV box are co-located.

I do see potential for the product but Vodafone really needs to look at their processes to support their customer adequately. 

Starter Poster

by Boro_boy Starter Poster
Message 47 of 47 (609 Views)
Cheers Hanzie, however I can't do that as I have a desk top in a seperate room which the router goes straight into, so unfortunately for the unforseeable future I'm stuck with the Wi-fi extenders
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Stats
  • 46 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 16 Kudos
  • 18 Contributors