Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

Starter Poster

Re: Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

by nel5ta Starter Poster
Message 31 of 47 (2,255 Views)

Yes, I have exactly the same issue but for me it’s when trying to watch recordings from Discovery, and it’s happening when I attempt to resume watching recordings that were previously accessible. I also get the same unhelpful error message and in some cases a complete system freeze. This is so obviously a server-side issue. What gives Vodafone? This has been reported by enough of us to warrant it being a real bug and it needs to be sorted. Don’t force us to vote with our feet. 

Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster dbatten Frequent Poster
Message 32 of 47 (2,216 Views)

We rarely watch live TV - so we have had episodes from at least 6 programs not accessable due to this outage most of which  are only just becoming apparrent. All subscribers of the VfTV service should have been notified immediately re the extent of the problem via social media / this community group at the very least!

Vodafone promised a software upgrade for the known issues that form the substance of this group that was planned for March/April last but nothing has happened meanwhile wa are paying for a substandard service that if implemented properly could be the gold standard. db

Starter Poster

by randjv Starter Poster
Message 33 of 47 (2,095 Views)

Did the outage happen again on Saturday 13th October - as I was having issues with TV around 8pm?

Between this issue and TV freezing, I too am frustrated with the quality of this product... I moved to Vodafone TV a) to avoid rain fade type SKY issues; b) for the better pricing and c) as I wanted to enjoy watching on demand / Netflix programs and my TV can't connect to the internet by itself - I'm wondering if I should save myself more money and go with an internet dongle (like google chromecast???

Starter Poster

by DaveRobinson Starter Poster
Message 34 of 47 (2,154 Views)

I wonder about how the Commerce Commission would feel about an organisation continuing to sell a known faulty product.

Starter Poster

by KenBerry Starter Poster
Message 35 of 47 (2,150 Views)

Probably could be worth trying to find out. I didn't try that, though as a retired lawyer myself, I certainly queried being offered a product with so many obvious problems that did not at all meet the promises made to me. But I just withdrew from it, and got my SKY box back again. Couldn't be happier!

Starter Poster

by sisyphus10 Starter Poster
Message 36 of 47 (2,207 Views)

Something strange happening here. There is a post from randjv three up from this one which was posted well after the intervening two. So I am replying to that one.

Specifically, I have a Chromecast Ultra which I bought after I sent back the Vodafone TV box. It will certainly do at least some of the On Demand stuff, plus services like Netflix and Lightbox. And it is not expensive -- prices in the range of $69 for an ordinary Chromecast and $109 for the Ultra model.

But just bear in mind that if you send back the Vodafone TV box, you will still need something to give you access to free to air TV stations (TVNZ etc) as Chromecast will not give you direct access to them. In my case, I got the SKY box back, and so can access free to air TV that way. (In fact the very latest version of the SKY box contains a facility to give you access to at least SKY channels on demand.) The other way, of course, which would be cheaper, is to buy a freeview box -- though if you want a recording facility, a freeview box/recorder is still quite expensive (several hundred dollars?)

Chromecast, of course, has no recording facility.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster MicheleHarte Regular Poster
Message 37 of 47 (2,129 Views)

how do we fix this problem... mine has been like this for the past 3 days - I have reset all settings!!

TV/Netflix, cannot watch a thing!!

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster MicheleHarte Regular Poster
Message 38 of 47 (2,110 Views)

watch out Vodafone ... I am ringing you tomorrow .... will you be ready for me.

A long weekend and unable to watch sky, netflex via your Vodafone TV.... 

Starter Poster

by LynnBarton Starter Poster
Message 39 of 47 (1,929 Views)

I will be returning my sky tv box to vodafone and going back with regular sky. This has been nearly 3 months of hell witth vodafone tv. 

Starter Poster

by LynnBarton Starter Poster
Message 40 of 47 (1,933 Views)

I am so frustrated with vodafone TV Watching the all blacks aand once again the screen froze and after3 hors we are still not able to connect. I have unplugged so many times bit still no connecton. We got an email last week saying these problems had been solved but not.

Stats
  • 46 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 16 Kudos
  • 18 Contributors