Box won't update?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Box won't update?

by Vickyjayne123 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (927 Views)

Hi

box was all working great until it needed a software update. When I turn it on it says 'updates' and 'update and reboot'. When I select the update option it turns off then on again with a status bar. This just sits at 0% and doesn't move. After a few mins it turns itself off and then just brings the original update page up.

ive tried unplugging it and trying again. Also switched the etthernet cables around with another device and tried another point on the router. Tried the reset button on the back but that doesn't appear to do anything!

i can't use the box at all at the moment as it won't update and there's no option to ignore the update and carry on using it. 

Thanks!

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Staff

Re: Box won't update?

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 9 (915 Views)

Hi @Vickyjayne123 

Can you please unplug the Ethernet cable from the stb.. then unplug it's power and plug it back in.

Wait for it to load and complain about connectivity.  Then unplug power again, plug the Ethernet back into the stb and plug the power back in.   

Please let me know if this brings it out of its update loop.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Vickyjayne123 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (854 Views)

Thanks Grant.

unfortunately that did not work Smiley Sad 

i was hopeful as I got a connection error message when it was on without the Ethernet cable but at the end I get the same message about needing to update and the exact same issue happening Smiley Sad 

i can't use the box at all for anything as it won't bypass the update Smiley Sad

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 9 (823 Views)

@Vickyjayne123 

Can you please send me a PM with your account number and STB serial number?

Thanks
Grant

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JoolsM Starter Poster
Message 5 of 9 (710 Views)

Hi there, I am having the same issue, but I am using wifi not ethernet. Any idea how to resolve this please?

Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 6 of 9 (705 Views)

Hi @JoolsM 

Is there an error message displayed?

Cheers

Grant

Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JoolsM Starter Poster
Message 7 of 9 (697 Views)
No error message. The first time we tried to do the update we got error code 030c but now it just reboots and goes straight back to asking for wifi password then straight back to update.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JoolsM Starter Poster
Message 8 of 9 (684 Views)
I phoned the 0800 number, got some advice and now it's working again. Turns out that the problem was that it needed to be connected via ethernet in order to complete the updates. It's now back on wifi and so far so good. Thanks.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
New Poster

by StaceyMcConnochie New Poster
Message 9 of 9 (422 Views)

I have this same error I have two of these boxes I am ready to throw them away 

every time i turn on i get the error code also when i try to update goes through process reboots then error code  my TVs are wall mounted so difficult to get to to do anything with 

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 39w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors