Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd.

Regular Contributor

Re: Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 11 of 19 (830 Views)

Yes, I understand it on that level although given the worldwide state of affairs when it comes to recording rights for cloudPVR it's not something I think I can influence. Even if that were to change, Vodafone does not negotiate rights directly with content partners. We rely on SKY, TVNZ, Medaiworks, etc to do this.

It's more around the expectation setting perhaps?

Starter Poster

Re: Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd

by sorrycantrecord Starter Poster
Message 12 of 19 (734 Views)

yes @Christopher your powers of deduction are strong.....this person would like to be abe to record more content. last night BlackHawkDown finished at 1.30am - great movie but couldnt record due to Vodafone tv. Hunt for the Wilder People is on tonight at a better time, but we will be out - and cannot record. spend time trying to find on Netflicks but neither are availabe. I guess we could pay to download them.....but doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose of paying a stack of money monthly to own a set top box that broadcasts these shows?

agree with @GarethCollins its a pure con. what I dont understand is how VF get away with marketing this lemon. what is the fundamental reason buy a tv service? to record tv shows and skip the ads! its like buying a new ferrari and then realising it only has 3 wheels. "sorry but due to licensing issues we werent able to attach the fourth wheel.....we were hoping no one would notice"

@JamRam yes you could manage peoples expectations - we got ZERO communication from VF about the failings of this product - we were an existing customer who got offered a 'free upgrade' to the latest and greatest offering. and ZERO advice about the 'brilliantly stupid' product we were accepting.

yes @GarethCollins  we have all been suckered. the less and less energy VF are prepared to getting their licensing resolved, and more and more energy I have to help steer others away from this pile of non-recording 3-wheeled set top junk

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 13 of 19 (728 Views)

If it was just a free upgrade why worry about it? FREE

Starter Poster

by sorrycantrecord Starter Poster
Message 14 of 19 (719 Views)

@Christopher because the 'upgrade' was mis-labelled. The accurate name is a Free Downgrade

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 15 of 19 (818 Views)

It's brilliantly stupid isn't it, a big fat con.  As for what people want, which seems to be the response you have got, well for me it is quite simple.....when I was conned into this product I expected honesty and integrity from Vodafone front line staff and that they would make it VERY VERY clear that there are severe limitations with this lemon, and lack of recording of shows being one of them.  We were lied to, we were advised it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, that it was a superior product to the loved T-Box in EVERY aspect and not once were we informed it would not record everything.  Would have been a deciding factor for us not to get it, so I assume VF staff know that will be the outcome and sales will be lost so don't mention it.

Boy were we suckered.

Totally also agree about the comment re geekboard - this community forum, run by Vodafone, VERY clearly states "Looking for help? You've come to the right place! Vodafone Ninjas and other
Community members are here to answer your questions and talk about
mobiles, broadband and TV – everything Vodafone!"

It does not anywhere state hey go to geekzone - I mean, why even operate the board.  Guess that statement at the front of the community board is also just another misleading statement by VF.

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 16 of 19 (817 Views)

@GarethCollins wrote:

It's brilliantly stupid isn't it, a big fat con.  As for what people want, which seems to be the response you have got, well for me it is quite simple.....when I was conned into this product I expected honesty and integrity from Vodafone front line staff and that they would make it VERY VERY clear that there are severe limitations with this lemon, and lack of recording of shows being one of them.  We were lied to, we were advised it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, that it was a superior product to the loved T-Box in EVERY aspect and not once were we informed it would not record everything.  Would have been a deciding factor for us not to get it, so I assume VF staff know that will be the outcome and sales will be lost so don't mention it.

Boy were we suckered.

Totally also agree about the comment re geekboard - this community forum, run by Vodafone, VERY clearly states "Looking for help? You've come to the right place! Vodafone Ninjas and other

It does not anywhere state hey go to geekzone - I mean, why even operate the board.  Guess that statement at the front of the community board is also just another misleading statement by VF.

I wouldn't say go to geekzone... they are a funny bunch

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 17 of 19 (786 Views)

@GarethCollins wrote:

@GarethCollins  Please note that is not a statement from Vodafone about Geekzone; The VF Community member with that in their signature is not a Vodafone Employee. Vodafone Employee's can be identified on the Vodafone Community by the VF logo next to their username (like mine.

Cheers!

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 18 of 19 (782 Views)

Realise that, just I have seen dozens of posts from people at VF saying hey if you want to get a VF response go to this geekzone place and pretty well until recently there has been almost nil communication from ANY VF staff member on a majority of posts/issues/queries on this site.  That is very VERY poor form on Vodafones part, not that that is a surprise.  Seems their version of customer service is put an un-manned community board up, let customers ring and go forever hold for hours, then put them through to someone who cannot be understood with little ability to sort even minor issues, then "drop the call/hang up" when they transfer you for the umpteenth time.  

And when all else fails, re-jig your company, reduce front line staff and make up stupid customer service names - Ninjas, X Men or whatever they are - wonder when Aquaman and Xena Warrior Princess start?! yet all customers want is a reasonable customer service interaction that doesn't require a monumental exercise akin to experiencing a waterboarding for an hour.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by IvanPiacun Starter Poster
Message 19 of 19 (715 Views)

Perhaps once Vodafone builds up a reasonable number of customers on this service they should lobby government for a change of the copyright laws to allow cloud Video Recoder to work on a similar basis to Personal Video Recorder for the number of items that can be recordered. This would have many pluses e.g

1) Better service for Vodafone customers.

2) Bringing New Zealand into the modern age.

3) Saving electricity in set top boxes.

4) Reducing the need for hard disks which fail.

5) Making more effective use of the broadband network on which billions have spent.

Stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors