Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd.

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd.

[ Edited ]
by IvanPiacun Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (207 Views)

This does not appear to be the case as most programs on TV3 and Bravo do not appear to be able to be recorded. At least 50% of the programs I used to record on Sky Freeview channels do not appear to be able to be recorded on these channels. When is this going to change?

Frequent Poster

Re: Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd

by Frequent Poster JamRam Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 5 (158 Views)

See a reply to a previous post but in a nutshell this is due to the rights that are negotiated with the content providers. MediaWorks (TV3, Bravo) negotiate these with their content providers directly and Vodafone have to wait until these contracts are renegotiated. You are aware of 3 day catch up right?

Starter Poster

Re: Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd

[ Edited ]
by IvanPiacun Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (135 Views)

Yes I am aware of 3 day catch up, but some programs are not even available for catch up.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster PerryBraiden Regular Poster
Message 4 of 5 (119 Views)

Yes we have that issue too. most of our favourite shows were on Choice, freeview channels and we were not told at all by the salesperson that you could not record vast chunks of those channels and others and the three day option obviously does not work for the same shows you can not record so that is useless in that instance.  Pretty unacceptable to not be told of this BEFORE we signed up or we woud not have either.  Dubious that 90% of content overall is recordable, I would say its more like 70% if that!!!!!!

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster JamRam Frequent Poster
Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)
Yes that’s right. You saw my response to your other question I am assuming. Not sure there is anything else I can add to that sorry unless you have another question?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors