Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd.

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd.

[ Edited ]
by IvanPiacun Starter Poster
Message 1 of 19 (512 Views)

This does not appear to be the case as most programs on TV3 and Bravo do not appear to be able to be recorded. At least 50% of the programs I used to record on Sky Freeview channels do not appear to be able to be recorded on these channels. When is this going to change?

Contributor

Re: Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 2 of 19 (463 Views)

See a reply to a previous post but in a nutshell this is due to the rights that are negotiated with the content providers. MediaWorks (TV3, Bravo) negotiate these with their content providers directly and Vodafone have to wait until these contracts are renegotiated. You are aware of 3 day catch up right?

Starter Poster

Re: Before I bought Vodafone TV Retail Box I saw advertising saying 90% of programs can be recorderd

[ Edited ]
by IvanPiacun Starter Poster
Message 3 of 19 (440 Views)

Yes I am aware of 3 day catch up, but some programs are not even available for catch up.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster PerryBraiden Regular Poster
Message 4 of 19 (426 Views)

Yes we have that issue too. most of our favourite shows were on Choice, freeview channels and we were not told at all by the salesperson that you could not record vast chunks of those channels and others and the three day option obviously does not work for the same shows you can not record so that is useless in that instance.  Pretty unacceptable to not be told of this BEFORE we signed up or we woud not have either.  Dubious that 90% of content overall is recordable, I would say its more like 70% if that!!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 5 of 19 (439 Views)
Yes that’s right. You saw my response to your other question I am assuming. Not sure there is anything else I can add to that sorry unless you have another question?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by sorrycantrecord Starter Poster
Message 6 of 19 (225 Views)

so its now November 2019 and still get error message sorry "this programme can not be recorded" on tv one, tv two, tv three, sky 5, basically all the channels. half the time we go to record something it has "sorry this programme can not be recorded"

tecnically vodafone may be correct in saying that 90% of programmes can be recorded, but it seems that for tv 1, 2 and 3 - ....and anything in prime time that is worth watching like movies its more like 50% can be recorded.

this is like the dumbest, most unfuturistic, thing ever.

whats next, turning the colour off and going back to black and white?

instead of paying Cliff Curtis to do the ad campaign, someone should have turned this lemon into lemonade.

get it together vodafone????

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 7 of 19 (213 Views)
If you had bothered to read about why this happens (this is covered many tines) this is out of VodafoneNZ control it's the content owners that put the restriction in place not Vodafone!
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

by sorrycantrecord Starter Poster
Message 8 of 19 (202 Views)

But why should I need to bother to read about why my vodafone tv cannot record. have had Vodafone TV for a number of years now, and not once have we been communicated to from Vodafone [a communications company] that the service has changed and we can only record some shows due to Vodafone not having arranged rights. and I never saw any advertising saying only 90% of shows can be recorded. why make this my problem?

Its like I get on a flight from Auckland to Christchurch, but the flight finishes in Wellington. And in order to know that the Christchurch flight now only reaches as far as Wellington, you need to go onto some forum. and when you are on that forum - the forum is not managed by the massive corporation that provides the service - instead the forum refers you onto another website geekzone.co.nz that has nothing to do with that massive corporation [VF]

sorry but this is just all a bit whack - for a company the size of Vodafone???

and instead of fixing the product, VF just pours more money into advertising it??

does anyone know what percentage of shows can be recorded on Sky TV?

Contributor

Message 9 of 19 (196 Views)

@sorrycantrecord what is the outcome you are looking for here?

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 10 of 19 (190 Views)

@JamRam wrote:

@sorrycantrecord what is the outcome you are looking for here?

I think this person would just like to be able to record more content.

Stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors