Amazon Prime Video App

New Poster

Amazon Prime Video App

[ Edited ]
by mitchyz New Poster
Message 1 of 8 (2,148 Views)

Hello Vodafone community.

I was just wondering if the Vodafone TV Box comes with the Amazon Prime Video app or not? and if not will it be coming soon?

Thanks

Mitchell 

Retired Staff

Re: Amazon Prime Video App

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 8 (2,144 Views)

@JamRamI just got VTV this evening and really impressed such easy setup and subscribed to Sky (no contract) Smiley Happy

@mitchyz  Have not seen the Amazon Prime video App but I have that on my Panasonic TV anyway and free thru another ISP

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 3 of 8 (2,125 Views)
Technical and commercial work to get Prime in the STB is well underway and will be on the STB once completed.

@johnr - being able to turn on, say Starter+Sport one month and turn it off the next is a good approach. I thought they got that one right!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by ajc28 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 8 (2,069 Views)

On this note, is there any possibility of a Spark Sport app in the future? Realise it comes from a competitor, but so does Lightbox so hopefully it's a possibility.

Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 5 of 8 (2,064 Views)

@ajc28 a possibility? Yes. Definite? No

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by Brian2 New Poster
Message 6 of 8 (1,271 Views)

Hi,

I have just set up my new Vodafone TV, and successfully set up and tested Netflix, TVNZ, and Lightbox.  However when I select the Prime Video app I get a blank screen.  I have tried waiting several minutes, and every button on the remote, but it no longer responds to any.  The remote power on/off button does work, and I can see the STB turning on and off, but even this does not allow me to get back to the main menu - just a blank screen.

Removing the power from the unit and restoring it after a delay does work, and everything appears fine with all other sources, as long as I don't try Prime video again.

Does anyone else have this issue, or any suggestions as to how I might fix it?

Many thanks.

ps. Just found there is a software update available.  I have installed it and am now getting Prime Video.  I should have checked that first, but perhaps this post will help someone else.

Starter Poster

by JoshuaDilts Starter Poster
Message 7 of 8 (162 Views)

Seeing exactly the same thing. One of the main reasons we got this box was to use Prime as our TV is Sony and they have removed the app for Prime... Not looking good.

Starter Poster

by JoshuaDilts Starter Poster
Message 8 of 8 (160 Views)

Nevermind, updated and problem resolved.

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors