Why isnt there any Vodafone network redundancy and proper customer notification of planned outages?

Starter Poster

Why isnt there any Vodafone network redundancy and proper customer notification of planned outages?

by 42 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (188 Views)

Wheres the customer service? lack of communication, lack of detail, lack of simple notification/feedback maps for visibility by all to plan around it, lack of compensation. Its not good enough.

Retired Staff

Re: Why isnt there any Vodafone network redundancy and proper customer notification of planned outag

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (170 Views)
Sounds like you want a managed service the best thing in this case contact an account manager and request pricing for a fully managed service end to end $$$$$$$$

VodafoneNZ does post planned work into the community it's updated weekly planned mobile network upgrades this also includes the day / date of the planned work and location
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Retired Staff

Re: Why isnt there any Vodafone network redundancy and proper customer notification of planned outag

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)

Also Vodafone has truck loads of redundancy I have no idea why you think they don't, I worked in VodafoneNZ for many years and redundancy of applications / databases was critcial and fail over testing was done on production systems from time to time

The Core network has huge amounts of redundancy they have complete data centres for redundancy if a core node is lost, I use to do quite a bit of work in these data centres monthly to make sure hardware was ready incase of an unexpected failure

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (155 Views)

@johnr wrote:

Also Vodafone has truck loads of redundancy I have no idea why you think they don't, I worked in VodafoneNZ for many years and redundancy of applications / databases was critcial and fail over testing was done on production systems from time to time

The Core network has huge amounts of redundancy they have complete data centres for redundancy if a core node is lost, I use to do quite a bit of work in these data centres monthly to make sure hardware was ready incase of an unexpected failure

Yep when Spark have a mobile outage they have a very large amount of customers affected but with vodafone it's limted to small areas.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors