Upgrade killed my medical alarm, landline and internet -- your service sucks

New Poster

Upgrade killed my medical alarm, landline and internet -- your service sucks

by PssdOff New Poster
Message 1 of 2 (780 Views)

Hi,

I am writing this on behalf of a non-technical friend. who has a medical alarm ... because the recent "upgrade" destroyed her connections to her medical alarm, landline and internet.   Originally she had ADSL via POTS with an ADSL filter and a device to ensure any medical alert received priority on the line (it turned off other services).    It worked fine.

After the upgrade, she no longer had access to any of these services.   I am technical.  The instructions were crap.   

She received a new modem/router.   No indication of why.  Any documentation was appalling in terms of clarity or detail.   If Vodafone is relying on user installation please, please please supply both "for-dummies" and a technicl description so people can call in technical friends to help and follow excellent instructions (not possible here).

We tried rininging Vodafone on their helpline listed in the instructions and gave up after 40 minutes.   Cynically, I wondered if this was a plan to get customers to use up more of their minutes.

This sucks.   She has a medical bracelet for a reason that is potentially life threatening.   We cannot get any help for her.

We cannot contact Vodafone to correct this.

If any Vodafone staff read this, please contact me IMMEDIATELY via the email account supplied when I registered.

Totally PssdOff

John Smith

Retired Staff

Re: Upgrade killed my medical alarm, landline and internet -- your service sucks

by Retired Staff MikeHales Retired Staff
Message 2 of 2 (770 Views)

@PssdOff

Very sorry to hear about this, I've emailed you on the address supplied when you registered.

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors