Retrieving a deactivated number

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Retrieving a deactivated number

by Fuzz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (1,122 Views)
I have trying to retrieve an old number that I was silly enough to not top up has been a busy year. After talking with a number of people at the store and on the phone no one can revive it! And now I am told it has been mostly wiped from the system. If someone is trying to get it back why go through with completely removing it? I have tried finding out more re how they get the numbers in the first place but no luck.

Please help
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

Re: Retrieving a deactivated number

by MikeHales Retired Staff
Message 2 of 8 (1,112 Views)

@Fuzz

If it's not too far past the year mark, you could try getting the number put onto a new plan/sim - that could be done in store. If the number hasn't been reallocated then you'll be OK. If it has then nothing much more we can do I'm afraid.

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by Fuzz Starter Poster
Message 3 of 8 (1,109 Views)
It is not too far past a year had text messages from January of last year. I did try signing up for a plan to get it. But there seems to be a big technical issue with that normal customer service can not resolve. I just think have not spoken to the right person yet . Supposedly an internal team are the people to speak to but they do not have contact with the public.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 4 of 8 (1,097 Views)

Call the number if it rings it is to late. If it doesn't ring go to a store ask to go on the cheapest open term plan and have the number allocated to it. Then after a month change the plan to prepay. The store can do this.

Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 8 (1,069 Views)

If the number was originally prepay it might unfortunately be too late. Prepay numbers get allocated to the prepay sim packs you purchase in stores.

if it was postpay then easy as per above.

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 6 of 8 (1,065 Views)

@Nigel wrote:

If the number was originally prepay it might unfortunately be too late. Prepay numbers get allocated to the prepay sim packs you purchase in stores.

if it was postpay then easy as per above.

Does a postpay number never get allocated to prepay if it gets disconnected only if the customer wishes to put the number onto prepay?

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 7 of 8 (1,063 Views)

You can go from post to pre or vice versa.

But once a prepay number range number goes inactive it goes back into the prepay 'pool' after a period of being quarantined.

Starter Poster

by Fuzz Starter Poster
Message 8 of 8 (997 Views)
This matter has been happily fixed with a glowing report on efforts of the staff at the call center and behind the scenes Thankyou very much for all your hard work.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 36w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors