Vodafone tv recording

New Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone tv recording

[ Edited ]
by karl New Poster
Message 1 of 12 (4,799 Views)

Hi,

Can you please explain why a programme that I have on series link is recording the same episodes on other days that they are replaying?

It is frustrating to have to routinely delete/clean the recorded programms.

Retired Staff

Re: Vodafone tv recording

by NikT Retired Staff
Message 2 of 12 (4,792 Views)

Hi @karl ,

I've moved your topic to the TV forum so the right folks will see it. @grantt should be able to add some value here, although I expect it's due to the way the EPG data is provided to us. Smiley Happy

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 3 of 12 (5,765 Views)

Hi @karl 

I'm guessing you are seeing this mostly on TV1/TV2?

This data comes straight from the other providers (TVNZ/Sky/Mediaworks etc) and the series links are set by them.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this.

Thanks

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster invergordon Regular Poster
Message 4 of 12 (4,658 Views)

Having recently (the last two weeks) moved from Vodafone + Sky to Vodafone TV we too have found the series link links all episodes whether or not at the same time or the same day.  This causes much frustration in having to delete those episodes not required.

I can't accept that it's other channel providers because two weeks ago it wasn't a problem!

Please fix this.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 12 (4,655 Views)

@granttwhat do you think about the above post? He is our Vodafone TV expert

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 6 of 12 (4,652 Views)
I assume you are talking about the Free to air channels (1, 2 and 3).

This EPG data is provided by Freeview and this is how they set these programmes.

Vodafone does not modify these listings in any way.

Cheers
Grant

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Posted from Apple iPad
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 7 of 12 (4,648 Views)

@invergordondoes that answer your question?

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster invergordon Regular Poster
Message 8 of 12 (4,632 Views)

It may answer the question but it doesn't solve the problem.  You have to admit that the way Vodafone TV series link is different than Vodafone's previous product (Broadband + Home Phone + SkyTV) to the point that it causes a lot of extra fluffing about that we can do without and not good for customer relations.

If your partners (Sky TV) can get the Freeview series link (and I have never experienced this so I wouldn't know) working logically and to their customers satisfaction the I truly believe so could Vodafone.

To me it seems a simple case of not quite coding the process correctly in software.  It seems the programmers are grouping series by programme name alone and not by programme and/or date/time.  And it may be that it is now in the too hard basket and no one wants to have to re-code and push out a firmware update.

It seems always to be the case when one criticises products that the first level helpers say "System design" or "not our product".

Well, you've met your nemesis, so I'd pass it up the line that this is not good enough and the customer is always right!

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 9 of 12 (4,629 Views)

@granttWhat do you think about the above post?

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 10 of 12 (4,612 Views)

Hi @invergordon 

Sky TV use a different feed and manually enter their data for the Free to air channels.  Vodafone TV's feed is direct data feed from Freeview and is the same data as used by MyFreeview recording devices. 

I will pass on your comments to the products team.

Regards,
Grant

Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors