Vodafone TV Premium Channels

Regular Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone TV Premium Channels

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster r2b2 Regular Poster
Message 1 of 7 (3,025 Views)

Hi all

With all the changes going on to Vodafone TV at the moment, thought I'd double check the way that premium channels are being handled at the moment.

I'm assuming that if I ring up and ask for, for example, the Sports package, it will get turned on straight away and billing will start from that date.

However when I want to turn it off, is there still the 30(?)-day period between cancelling and it being turned off/billing stopped or has it been changed to allow for it to be cancelled straight away (which, I believe, is the way that Sky works directly?)

Asking as looking at possibly turning on the sports for the World Cup and then switching it off. If its still got a 30 day cancellation period the conversation with the customer rep is likely to be "can i sign up for sports please. thanks. now can i cancel it." Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Vodafone TV Premium Channels

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 7 (3,627 Views)

My understanding is there is still a minimum 30 days for a package.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Regular Poster

Message 3 of 7 (3,008 Views)

Ok thanks. Now the question is will they let me cancel in the same phone call as getting it or will I need to go on hold twice Smiley Wink

Retired Staff

by NikT Retired Staff
Message 4 of 7 (2,971 Views)

The systems only allow for one pending order at a time, so the order to add the channel package would need to close off before another order to remove it could be raised.

When I was in the contact centre, I would diary myself to come back and remove the channel package with thirty days' notice as of the previous day if a customer had requested to add & remove a channel package on the same day, but this may depend on the workload of the department you're speaking with as it is not a formalised process.

I'd suggest requesting this be done & letting us know if you have any issues. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

- Nik

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Regular Poster

Message 5 of 7 (2,946 Views)

@NikT wrote:

The systems only allow for one pending order at a time, so the order to add the channel package would need to close off before another order to remove it could be raised.

When I was in the contact centre, I would diary myself to come back and remove the channel package with thirty days' notice as of the previous day if a customer had requested to add & remove a channel package on the same day, but this may depend on the workload of the department you're speaking with as it is not a formalised process.

Cheers Nik - would another alternative (to save the workload of the call centre guys) be to sign up over the phone and then send an email request in following the call to have it cancelled with the thirty days notice period starting from the date the email was sent? (i.e. same day)

Richard.

Retired Staff

by NikT Retired Staff
Message 6 of 7 (2,937 Views)

Yep, that's a great thought - alternatively you can always call again the next day once the order has closed, or we can add it on/remove it for you if need be. Smiley Happy

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Regular Poster

Message 7 of 7 (2,930 Views)
Thanks Nik - will see how I get on!
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5y ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors