Replacement T-Box

Regular Poster
Accepted Solution

Replacement T-Box

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster r2b2 Regular Poster
Message 1 of 3 (2,325 Views)

Hi guys

My T-Box hard drive has started making some scrapping noises recently and so I think that perhaps it might be on its way out.

Just wondering whether the new T-Box's being distributed now are new or recycled ones? (I.e. it would be nice to get one with a hard drive that doesn't already have hundreds or thousands of hours on it already)

Also am I right in thinking that there is still no way of preserving your recordings when you move boxes?

Thanks.

Staff

Re: Replacement T-Box

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 3 (2,324 Views)
Please PM me your account number and I will see if there are any issues.

No, you do not nessecarily get a brand new unit. Correct, recordings are not preserved.

Cheers
Grant
I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: Replacement T-Box

by Regular Poster r2b2 Regular Poster
Message 3 of 3 (2,746 Views)

So thanks to Grant, technician came yesterday and replaced the unit so all good so far.

Looks like I got a new unit as was now branded Vodafone & still has the plastic on the front. (Unless as they are recalled they are getting new faceplates put on them?)

One thing that I've noticed, and I don't know if its just my imagination or not, is that the box seems faster to respond. I'm starting to think that the old box had a critical error happening under the hood and was causing all kinds of things to go awry (random lockups, disk check that takes HOURS to complete, slow UI, etc.)

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors