Removing old Saturn Cables

Senior Contributor

Re: Removing old Saturn Cables

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 11 of 18 (1,156 Views)

Well I'm still waiting, I organised it via their Social Media Team.

I got a ticket number and all, they sent someone out on Friday last week but they sent the tech to my old address instead of my new one (which I did provide). So the ticket has been updated and still waiting for Downer to come out and do the job.

Sadly it still re-enforces my decision to leave Vodafone where everytime I ask for something it is stuffed up Smiley Sad

Starter Poster

by Bobber Starter Poster
Message 12 of 18 (1,136 Views)

Thanks for replying.
That does sound like something close to progress though.
I presume when you say the Social Media Team we're talking about a PM on facebook or similar?

Just out of interest are you in Wellington? Downer are the Fibre contractor in this patch but when I asked their scoping blokes about it they said it was nothing to do with them. Presume different patch/  different contractor perhaps?

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 13 of 18 (1,133 Views)

We're in Wainuiomata, I've been contacting them over Twitter but communication feels very slow.

I just sent them another message regarding this today as nothing has happened.

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 14 of 18 (1,124 Views)

@Bobber wrote:

Thanks for replying.
That does sound like something close to progress though.
I presume when you say the Social Media Team we're talking about a PM on facebook or similar?

Just out of interest are you in Wellington? Downer are the Fibre contractor in this patch but when I asked their scoping blokes about it they said it was nothing to do with them. Presume different patch/  different contractor perhaps?

This work is done by Downer as well (in both WLG and CHCH). Not Downer's fibre guys though. It's dealt with by Residential HFC Tech's. 

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by NathanJürgens Starter Poster
Message 15 of 18 (234 Views)

Posting here is the best bet.

You will be on hold for over an hour if you try to call their helpdesk and if your unlucky like me, they will not help if you do not have a customer number.

But after posting here, it got sorted

A guy down the road got it sorted another way....they just disconnected it from there house and put the cable by the pole on the road then reported it as a hazard to the local council

Starter Poster

by Bobber Starter Poster
Message 16 of 18 (1,121 Views)
Hi there Sebastian,
That’s good to know, thank you.
Could I infer from this then that contacting Downer directly is an avenue by which I could get the cable removed? If I could cut out the extraordinarily inefficient process of hounding Vodafone for assistance with this would be ideal.
Cheers,
Posted from Apple iPhone
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 17 of 18 (1,104 Views)

@Bobber wrote:
Hi there Sebastian,
That’s good to know, thank you.
Could I infer from this then that contacting Downer directly is an avenue by which I could get the cable removed? If I could cut out the extraordinarily inefficient process of hounding Vodafone for assistance with this would be ideal.
Cheers,

No, Downer won't do the work unless a work order (ticket) is created by Vodafone instructing them to...

It should not be an inefficent / tedious process to get done, it should only take the customer care person 5, 10 minutes to get the ticket created once you speak to them.. 

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by Red2 Starter Poster
Message 18 of 18 (235 Views)
I rang this morning and after waiting sometime got someone who didn’t seem to know what to. Because I’m not a Vodafone customer she said I should ‘ring a local technician’ I’m still trying to work out who she might mean. All I want is the Saturn exterior box and cables removed. It’s come off the house and is allowing water in behind the weatherboards.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors