Removing old Saturn Cables

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Removing old Saturn Cables

[ Edited ]
by NathanJürgens Starter Poster
Message 1 of 18 (2,192 Views)

I need to replace some weather boards on my house, but there is an old Saturn Cables connected to the house (pole to house) and after being on hold for 20 mins trying to get hold of someone from Vodafone to book to come out and remove the cables....I gave up.

(Chorus took 3 mins to get to the right people who are coming out to remove the old copper cable but will not touch the Saturn cable)

Anyone have any ideas of a number that goes directly to Vodafone cable support? Since the old Saturn cables are a Vodafone access and only they are allowed to remove them. Cause just climbing the pole and cutting them is not the best solution.

Staff

Re: Removing old Saturn Cables

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 2 of 18 (2,151 Views)

Hi

You need to call and let the call centre guys know about this so contract techs can come and help you out on this. they will lodge a case and the techs will be in contact with you on this.

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 18 (2,105 Views)

That would be cool, if I ever get off hold

37 mins of my life wasted on hold.

I can see why no one gets theses cables removed. Vodafone wants nothing to do with the old Saturn cables they own.

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 18 (2,105 Views)

I can see a few Saturn cable down the road that have come off the poles. I talked to the counicl about those ones and they said they will do nothing until a truck hits them

Chorus does not support them, they are a vodafone asset. The Power company will not touch them unless they touch a power line and Vodafone does not have a fault number to log down lines....So they have been like that for months....No wonder I can't get my line removed if they do not even deal with fallen cables!

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 18 (2,102 Views)

45mins....Got through to Vodafone tech support...

They will not log a call to remove my old saturn cable or deal with the cables that are off the poles down the street cause I don't have a account with vodafone....

These old saturn cables are OWNED by vodafone but they will not even log a fault about a down cable without me having an account with them....

Now I know why the guys down the street never logged a fault about the down cables....THEY CAN'T. Cause the helpdesk  takes forever to get throught and the WILL NOT LOG THE CALL!!!!

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 6 of 18 (2,088 Views)

hi

I have emailed the relevant team. Its being looked in to now. I ll get back to you soon

regards

Dilhan

Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 7 of 18 (2,086 Views)

hi

could you PM me any contact details please.

regards

Dilhan

Vodafone.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 8 of 18 (1,909 Views)

Apologies for jumping on this thread but I'm in the same position.

I'm not currently a Vodafone customer but I am needing to have the old Saturn cable removed from our place also.

The cable is fed by aerial lead from the pole to building, and when it was originally installed they threaded the cable through the roof tiles before popping out again to follow the guttering around the house.

We're getting the roof replaced in a few weeks for longrun iron so the cable needs to be removed (I'm trying to get Chorus to come take their aerial copper cable too)

Is there someone I could msg here about this? Given the experience of the OP with calling VF I'm a bit nervous to call.

Thanks, Carl.

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 9 of 18 (1,882 Views)

Hi

You got to call the help desk. and advise that you are not a customer. There is a process implemented.

regards

Dilhan

Vodafone.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Bobber Starter Poster
Message 10 of 18 (1,792 Views)

G'day Shadow,

How'd you get on with this?
I'm going to underground my power (before it falls down due to rusty hardware) and get the fibre undergrounded at the same time (dig one trench once) which means my overhead power and copper phone line will both come down leaving only the Saturn/Vodafone cable up in the air.

Vodafone have waited me out three times (19 mins, 22 mins, and 28 mins) on hold to talk to someone.

Got any tips for how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance

Stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors