I can browse the Netflix movie selection perfectly fine, but once I start trying to watch a video it loads to 50% then cuts to an error screen displaying error code N8210. Note we pay subscriber fee for netflix each month.
The same problem has been reported by others like ourselves who use a DNS redirection service such as Getflix or UnblockUs to workaround the geoblocking that Netflix uses.
I have taken both my laptop and iphone to two different friends places and was able to get Netflix working there. One is on Xtra, and the Orcon. We are on Vodafone of course. I tried both Getflix (which we subscribe to) and UnblockUS. Netflix worked OK in both these cases.
So there is some issue with Vodafone that must be attended to asap.
The Netflix service is not provided by Vodafone and uses Geo unblocking so telling us ' So there is some issue with Vodafone that must be attended to asap ' is not going to get much love around here sorry
The issue is impacting many ISPs
I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team
John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505
To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Thanks for the link Nigel. Yes I had seen that already but the UK Netflix does not have the extensive catalogue that the US Netflix does. Vodafone need to get their US feed from the same source that Xtra and Orcon do, or figure out some other fix.
Then we can get on with our viewing like we used to be able to.