text message attachments

Highlighted
Starter Poster

text message attachments

by NeilMcCormick Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (209 Views)

For two weeks any text message I send with any photos attahed do not get received - I get no error message.  I am on Vodafone pre-pay mobile.

Why?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: text message attachments

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 2 of 6 (203 Views)

If you send the message to yourself do you get it, so send a pic message to your own number. Also there is a 20 or 50 cent charge to send messages with a  attachment like a picture.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (187 Views)

Yes if I send the text message to my own mobile number both the message and the attached photos arrive perfectly fine.  As I thought my problem was a temporary thing and it was now fixed I tried resending to my daughter's mobile - still no luck - neither the text nor the photos arrive - even two days later.

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 6 (180 Views)

As you are able to send the MMS successfully to yourself, it indicates the sending part of the equation is fine and issue more likely to be on the receiving end. 

Has your daughter got her Mobile Data enabled on her mobile? This needs to be turned on in order to send/ recieve any MMS. And the correct MMS APN's for her carrier configured? Did it used to work? What has changed in between when it stopped working?

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (168 Views)

It used to work fine and nothing has changed with either her mobile - it is the same one and mine.  We still can't send her photos

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 6 of 6 (163 Views)

Neil I have sent you a private message can you please check it and reply to me on the e-mail address provided, thanks

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 19w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors