PS5 Failed order - but transaction completed?!

Starter Poster

PS5 Failed order - but transaction completed?!

by sarah6379 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (353 Views)

We ordered a PS5, Vodafone took the money out of the account, but, I guess, due to an overloaded website, it froze and we never got the order confirmation screen. We didn't get an order confirmation email either. The transaction was complete at 12:07, and now Vodafone are saying the transaction was not completed as no order confirmation was given. They can't supply the order because they sold at by 12:20pm.

This is utter BS. Did it happen to anyone else? Their phones are now overloaded too.

Expert Contributor

Re: PS5 Failed order - but transaction completed?!

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

@sarah6379 wrote:

We ordered a PS5, Vodafone took the money out of the account, but, I guess, due to an overloaded website, it froze and we never got the order confirmation screen. We didn't get an order confirmation email either. The transaction was complete at 12:07, and now Vodafone are saying the transaction was not completed as no order confirmation was given. They can't supply the order because they sold at by 12:20pm.

This is utter BS. Did it happen to anyone else? Their phones are now overloaded too.

You pay by credit card?

the hold should automatically be removed after 7 working days if not then you would have to do a chargeback though

your bank I guess.

Starter Poster

by sarah6379 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (348 Views)

How can they take the money without holding the product first? Should it be simultaneous? I am beyond disappointed. That is alot of money to hold, especialy right before Christmas. Yes, we paid by credit card.

Starter Poster

by 3141 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)

I managed to get an order number, and a credit card charge, but no confirmation email.

I know the credit card charge means nothing, but the order number suggested by customer service when I rang them, meant it 'should' be ok.
Anyone had an order number and no confirmation email and managed to confirmation on an order from customer service team member?

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 16w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors