Refreshing DNS cache at Vodafone ISP

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Refreshing DNS cache at Vodafone ISP

by markfranh Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (672 Views)

How can I get Vodafone to update/refresh the DNS cache for a website at theVodafone  ISP?

I've been trying since early this morning to access the commonly used newsfeed website www.digg.com/reader .

I've tried both my computers and multiple browsers but all I get is the message "the connection has timed out" or variations of that depending on the browser (Win 10 btw).

I've flushed my own cache, run ccleaner and pretty much everything else I can think of.  No luck

I then had a brainwave and turned on a VPN to route my request through it.  All good and I managed no problem to use www.digg.com for the period I was on the VPN.  Turn the VPN off, and again I can't access it.

Similarly, the technical assistance website www.isitdownrightnow.com confirms digg is up and running no problem even though I can't get to it without the help of a VPN.

I've done a lot of reading and everything suggests this is a problem at the ISP (i.e. you guys!) and that you need to do something at your end to refresh the data you cache for www.digg.com

Is there a way to get you to do this or will it go away with time?  One site suggests the ONLY possibility is to contact the ISP and ask you to do it which is why I'm posting this.

Starter Poster

Re: Refreshing DNS cache at Vodafone ISP

by markfranh Starter Poster
Message 2 of 2 (648 Views)

Problem disappeared this afternoon (approx. 36 hours after it first appeared).  Not sure if Vodafone specifically did something or if the system refreshes  the cache regularly automatically.  Would like to know what happened though.

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor