Prepay phone credit

Starter Poster

Prepay phone credit

by Bobknob Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,090 Views)
I just bought a prepay SIM for the first time (I live overseas), and selected a flexiplan worth $40 and topped up $40 to activate it. So I have my full allocation of minutes available. But when I tried to call 707 to check a voicemail message, I was told I don't have any credit. What have I done wrong? TIA!
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Community Manager

Re: Prepay phone credit

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 7 (1,088 Views)

@Bobknob

Apologies, calls to voice mail are not included in the plan and you will need to have some credit on your account to cover those - about $0.20 per call.

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 7 (1,086 Views)
Thanks for the reply. What's the minimum top up?
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by DonnyGuy Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (1,076 Views)

Just a question to the original poster? Is voicemail a service you need (especially at 20 cents per cell on top of what you've already paid?)

Reason I ask is when I set up a vf NZ prepaid sim, the first thing I did was call customer care on 777 and get them to deactivate the voicemail service from my line.

This meant (1) no extra charges to pick up messages and (2) people calling from overseas weren't charged unless someone answered.

Might be an option for you unless you need the service. It''ll save some cash for sure.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 5 of 7 (1,037 Views)

$20 is the minimum Top Up

cheers

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 7 (1,066 Views)
Good tip, thanks! I'll do just that.
Posted from Sony SO-03F
New Poster

by Kim185e New Poster
Message 7 of 7 (1,053 Views)
Bob
I have had my Vodafone NZ sim for 15+ years and have work off shore in many countries. The system is walking wounded and almost in usable except to revive texts and access you voice mail through Skype at affordable prices. Service is pot to non existent no managers are accountable and endless hours are spent trying to track missing credits. Credit just disappears randomly and they are unable to provide usage information. Will not provide GST receipts which they are obliged there experts do not understand the system as would appear from the previous post. The free calls are seldom free from overseas and most often will not dial. As far as I can work out to access voice mail $3.79 per minute will often disconnect and lock you out. The major problem is VOIP calls if some body call you with these phones as many subscribers use them your phone will not ring and Vodafone will charge you for a connection. It shows in their system often as repeated 5 second connections. If a fraudulent or marketing scam or computer calls you your credit will just disappear pity help monthly boil customers. Not really a suitable service please advise if you have better luck than me. There service will never follow up and phillipnne call center is just a deflector your only hope is to call sales and pretend to be a new customer
Good luck!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors