Prepay Top-Up Receipts/Invoice

New Poster

Prepay Top-Up Receipts/Invoice

by cbsubr New Poster
Message 1 of 9 (1,300 Views)

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to get a receipt/invoice if we top up a prepay mobile account online?

Community Manager

Re: Prepay Top-Up Receipts/Invoice

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 9 (1,290 Views)

@cbsubr

Generally the answer is no, but if you've used a credit card or voucher then naturally they act as proof of purchase. You will get a TXT confirming theTop Up.

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by BronTill New Poster
Message 3 of 9 (487 Views)

Hi,

Can you confirm you refuse to issue a tax invoice for a top-up?

I think it is illegal and even if not that is such a poor practice I am leaving Vodafone unless I can get my tax invoices for the last year.

Cheers,

Bron Till

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster aubergine Regular Poster
Message 4 of 9 (145 Views)

*bump* I have the same question. I wanted a tax invoice for my Vodafone Prepay Mobile account for the last financial year. I spoke to "Myra" on Vodafone Live Chat and was told "Yes, just go into your nearest Vodafone store, produce ID, and they will print off a tax receipt for you." When I went into the Vodafone store I got a blank stare followed by "No, sorry, that's not possible, we don't do tax invoices for Prepay mobile". When I suggested that surely plenty of businesspeople would want such invoices for tax purposes, the assistant said "No, I've never been asked for a prepay receipt before." 

Smiley Frustrated

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 5 of 9 (142 Views)

If you want invoices you need to be on a on account connection not prepay.

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster aubergine Regular Poster
Message 6 of 9 (137 Views)

@Christopher wrote:

If you want invoices you need to be on a on account connection not prepay.

That's not what Myra the Chat Support person told me. And as the previous poster asked, it is even legal for a business to refuse to issue a GST invoice to a customer?

Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 7 of 9 (123 Views)

I’m sure no prepay provider would provide this service most likely due to majority of people that would need this would already be on an account plan.

Posted from Apple iPad
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 8 of 9 (92 Views)

Hello

The sale of a Prepay Top Up is not a supply for GST purposes. For this reason, we are not able to issue Tax Invoices to our customers when they purchase a Prepay Top Up.

We do not issue Tax Invoices for a supply of $50 or less to our Prepay customers (it is not required by the GST Act).

Because we are not able to issue a Tax Invoice for the sale of a Top Up, you are instead issued with a receipt for the Top Up amount (you do not need to have a Tax Invoice to claim GST for supplies of $50 or less).

The supply for GST purposes only occurs when you use your Top Up credit of $50 or more (including GST) on the following:

• Makes a phone call or uses a data service
  • This must be based on 1 call or 1 data session (it is not a combination of all services)

A GST invoice will not be issued to our Prepay customers in any other circumstances.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Regular Poster

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster DavidRoss Regular Poster
Message 9 of 9 (89 Views)

[posted deleted]

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo